Sr. Global HR Operations Specialist
Amazingly Simple Graphic Design Software
As our Global HR Operations Specialist, you will:
- Drive operational performance and service excellence within the HR Shared Service function, and identify areas for improvement.
- Provide advice and support to our employees from pre-employment through to offboarding.
- Initiate employee onboarding and coordinate with various stakeholders to ensure new hires are set up for success.
- Ensure employee data is up to date, accurate and compliant within our HR system, BambooHR, and Payroll system.
- Maintain and protect confidential data with great discretion.
- Generate and analyse a variety of employee information and reports and draw useful insights and offer recommendations.
- Liaise effectively and collaboratively with others to resolve employee queries.
- Maintain our centralised knowledge base within our employee portal, updating and improving our HR pages to keep information up to date and relevant and helping our employees help themselves.
- Assist with policy interpretation and advice.
- Support a wide range of people projects that make Canva a great place to work. Work with our Sydney and Beijing teams to ensure alignment across our offices.
- Work with our Sydney and Manila teams to ensure alignment across our offices.
- At least 5 years experience in HR operations work, preferably exposed to common HR tools and have worked in multi-vertical/department companies
- Degree in Human Resources, Management, Psychology, Economics or other relevant fields.
- Experience working in an HR Shared Service function (HR Administration or HRIS Support) that caters to other regions such as the Americas, EMEA, and APAC.
- Intermediate MS Excel skills, includes functions but not limited to: Lookup functions, IF functions/analysis, standard deviation, etc.
- Familiarity with managing an HRIS such as BambooHR, Namely, Workday.
- Outstanding attention to detail, analytical and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
- Highly organised, detail oriented, and able to deliver timely results and in a multi-task, fast-paced environment.
- Customer focused and collaborative. Key to this role is the ability to listen, prioritise, and deliver accurate and speedy results.
- Able to confidently work with various stakeholders to get things done, and maintain employee confidentiality, and data integrity and security.
- Innate ability to learn new technologies, processes and approaches.
- Have energy, commitment and a positive, proactive approach to work.
- Must have GRIT.
- Experience dealing with employee relocation and visa approvals.
- Familiarity with local laws of the Philippines and Australia.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Fitness membership allowance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
About us At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool with a stock library of over 1 million photographs, illustrations and imagery. You can also choose from hundreds of professional templates to create social media graphics, presentations, flyers, posters, invitations and so much more. Our mission is to make design simple for everyone. Driven by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.