Amazingly Simple Graphic Design Software
As our Internal Coach, you are:
- High on initiative and goal-oriented: You initiate first steps in launching projects without waiting for permission, in order to keep up with Canva’s fast paced environment whilst also being highly motivated to set and achieve goals over time.
- Strong in stakeholder management and resolving conflict: At Canva you will play a facilitator role for people who have personal differences with others and for teams who are not working optimally together.
- Experienced in delivering professional coaching programs: You have experience designing coaching programs for individuals or teams, ideally in high growth or innovative companies.
- Focused on people and affiliation: You care deeply for people’s well being, having strong personal relationships and a focus on incrementally working towards goals and evolving and improving both programs and people.
- Solution-oriented: You love thinking on your feet, inventing and ideating creative solutions to achieve organisational outcomes.
- Motivated by thriving in a team environment: While you’ll spend time working 1-1 coaching individuals, you’ll also be a key part of the People team at Canva, working alongside our country manager, Team Happiness and Canva University teams to ensure coaching is having maximum impact.
As our Internal Coach, you will:
- Deliver internal coaching within our Manila office for leadership development, opt-in personal coaching program, and team coaching.
- Run group coaching workshops for critical thinking skills, life purpose and mission, self-esteem, confidence and efficacy.
- Partner with leaders and others in the company to build roadmaps and plans to achieve their professional and personal goals whilst helping the business achieve its goals through effective leadership and communication.
- Deliver Fingerprint for Success (F4S) group debriefs in addition to running team debriefs, retrospectives and conflict resolution sessions.
- Launch blogs internally and externally as Canva’s Internal Coach about culture, empowerment and internal coaching at the company.
- Review and refine Internal Coaching programs based on NPS scores, feedback, uptake and goal achievement. You’ll also take part in the design of additional workshops based on feedback and Culture Amp survey findings as well as F4S Culture Mapping findings.
Your northstar and key goals:
- Individual empowerment: Every single person at Canva should feel empowered to do the best work of their lives, to feel challenged and fulfilled. Your goal is to unlock the greatness in every person at Canva, and connecting them to their purpose and meaning through their work. You’ll have regular 1:1s with the team to coach them in understanding their own personal intrinsic drivers and how they can make an impact at Canva. Your goal is for every person to set their own audacious personal and professional goals, then creating actionable plans for achieving them.
- Team Coaching & Psychological Safety: We have new teams spinning up rapidly, so team cohesiveness, effectiveness and ‘psychological safety’ is paramount. You’ll help to facilitate working sessions with teams to strengthen working relationships, building empathy, understanding each other’s communication and working styles and resolving conflict in a healthy way. Your goal is that people responding ‘strongly agree’ to the following statements through team health checks, retrospectives, planning meetings etc. (I feel comfortable being myself in my team, I am able to share my challenges and frustrations with my team, I am able to speak my mind without fear of negative consequences, My opinion, unique skills and talents are valued, I feel empowered by my team members)
- Developing leaders: As we’ve grown, we have seen many new leaders stepping into roles where they are suddenly coordinating large teams of people for the first time. Your goal is to support our new leaders learning on the fly, to set them up for success leading by example and building their confidence for taking on people leadership responsibilities. This program aims to build the essential skills for coaching, inspiring and empowering others, as well as covering topics such as emotional intelligence, difficult conversations and staying calm under pressure.
- Group coaching workshops for personal growth: Everyone working in a high-growth startup is on a rollercoaster filled with ups and downs due to the constant change and rapid growth. You’ll hold workshops on everything from understanding ‘imposter syndrome’ to ‘resilience’. Your goal is to build confidence and self-awareness, cultivate a growth mindset and help people to see change, reinvention and pushing new frontiers as a critical part of our success.
About us At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool with a stock library of over 1 million photographs, illustrations and imagery. You can also choose from hundreds of professional templates to create social media graphics, presentations, flyers, posters, invitations and so much more. Our mission is to make design simple for everyone. Driven by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.