Quality Assistant / QA Engineer - Open for Remote across Australia
Amazingly Simple Graphic Design Software
You'll love this job if:
- You have experience working with an end-to-end feature development teams and defining the QA process for your team. This may involve looking at the current development process for each team, identifying opportunities for injecting quality, and advocating for process changes to improve product quality.
- You have experience working with engineers, and have a solid understanding of web tech stacks (backend, frontend, and everything in between).
- You have a good understanding of what needs to be included in unit, integration, and end to end tests and can coach engineers on what needs to be automated.
- You are meticulous in your work, and passionate about testing. You consider every possible scenario during exploratory testing and can spot bugs that others might not notice.
- You are a problem solver who is passionate about solving different types of bugs. You are comfortable with using various tools to find out the root causes of issues and have worked with Jira (or other bug reporting tool) to communicate bugs effectively with engineers, PMs, and designers.
Not a must, but a big plus if:
- You can coach other QA engineers on quality assistance and testing.
- You have automated trivial tasks using a scripting language like Bash or Python.
- You have experience with observability tools like Sentry.io to track down issues.
- You can query databases, and reporting systems using SQL or similar to get data to support your bug reports..
- You have experience writing test cases in Gherkin syntax.
About us At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool with a stock library of over 1 million photographs, illustrations and imagery. You can also choose from hundreds of professional templates to create social media graphics, presentations, flyers, posters, invitations and so much more. Our mission is to make design simple for everyone. Driven by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Want to learn more about Canva? Visit Canva's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.