Amazingly Simple Graphic Design Software
What you'll be doing
- Partner with senior designers, marketers, and key stakeholders to take conceptual ideas and turn them into project and campaign deliverables.
- Create design assets like illustrations and color palettes that help guide users in ensuring their designs are not only attractive and engaging but also usable.
- Gather feedback from internal stakeholders, users and data to validate designs and ensure the templates that we create are of the highest quality in terms of aesthetics and usability.
- Participate in design critiques, providing feedback to other designers and presenting your own work.
- Collaborate with Canva designers to apply the design kits/brief/guide, helping to improve and maintain a consistent visual system.
- Visually communicating design solutions by creating unique and original templates for various teams, themes, and topics.
- Identify opportunities for layout and template creation that require visual upgrades through inspection of our library and user feedback.
- Support the team’s scalability through documentation, adhoc design projects, and process improvement.
- Act upon requests for quick template changes, based on user feedback
- Participate in weekly design reviews to obtain feedback, iterating on the designs as necessary.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our millions of users.
You'll love this internship if:
- You have a stylistic approach and a strong understanding of what makes a good design based on design fundamentals, principles, and elements
- You have a keen understanding of design context-based on visual, cultural, and popular trends
- You have an eye for design and can visualize unique content
- You have a keen understanding of user interaction and the importance of usability
- You can effectively simplify design concepts and articulate ideas and blockers
- You have a passion for improving and streamlining processes
- You enjoy collaborative working environments and idea exchanges
We'd love it if you:
- Are currently enrolled in an Internship Curriculum
- Are familiar with Canva – as a company and of course, as an app! (Pro tip: play around with it and send your CV using one of our templates!)
- Have a fresh and updated portfolio showcasing your design goodness ;)
What you'll love at Canva:
- Competitive paid internship – we hear you.
- Free breakfast and lunch meals prepared by our inhouse chefs! (side note: our meals every day look amazing and of course, is super delicious)
- A 7am - 4 pm internship schedule in Makati (Win-win situation: fewer people on the road!)
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
About us At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool with a stock library of over 1 million photographs, illustrations and imagery. You can also choose from hundreds of professional templates to create social media graphics, presentations, flyers, posters, invitations and so much more. Our mission is to make design simple for everyone. Driven by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.