Director of Product Growth
Amazingly Simple Graphic Design Software
Your goals ...
- Develop and own the vision, strategy and roadmap for the future of user growth at Canva. This includes exploring huge topics like:
- How do we turn our monthly active users into daily active users?
- How do we use recommendations and personalisation to make Canva more relevant to the countless types of users who visit our site?
- How can we create flywheels for Canva’s growth, and unlock more growth through our existing users?
- How can we make Canva a mass-market product? What do we have to rethink about our product, messaging, engagement strategy?
- You’ll serve as the domain expert on engagement and the product funnel at Canva. You will understand the complete landscape, where the biggest future opportunities are and help us figure out hard questions like ‘how does Canva grow in a way that is scalable and brings a huge amount of value to our users?’
- You’ll work to lead, support and collaborate with a passionate, cross-functional team of product managers, engineers, data analysts and scientists, marketers and designers to execute this roadmap and deliver new initiatives to our millions of users
- You’ll build relationships with the teams across Canva, especially our leadership team and founding team
- You’ll craft seamlessly simple user experiences for our users
- You’ll build strategies to scale out the team in a way that sets us up for huge growth
- Onboarding, mentoring and developing existing and new product managers as they enter the group
- Ensuring each product team is set up success, with the right people, tools and projects Unblocking them to ensure they can deliver on their goals.
- Setting crazy big goals for you and your teams, and make them happen!
3-6 month goals
- Settle in, learn the Canva landscape and help the team to execute on the current goals that have been set for the current quarter - we call them seasons (first 3 months)
- Develop a strategy/business plan that contributes to our 2021 MAU goal and the continued development of an incredible product.
- Define the Group roadmap for next 2 seasons (first season / 3 months) alongside the Marketing & Engagement Group Leads and product teams
- Develop unique insights on our markets, competitors, and business trends around our key channels and product areas.
- Continuously ensure your team is set up for success.
Experience you'll need
- 8 + years of experience as a product manager or product leader of a software product, with experience growing products through a combination of big bets and experiments.
- Someone who enjoys leading a team of amazing people to ship innovative solutions - and can point to an impressive record of doing so.
- Have experience managing Product Managers to deliver on the strategy and build their key craft areas.
- Strong UX skill set -- understands more than just the fundamentals of good UX, loves Canva’s seamless and simple design and is going to be ruthless in protecting that.
- A strong communicator -- can speak the language of engineering, data, design, operations and can coordinate cross-functionally with each to achieve big wins.
- Great with data (both qualitative and quantitative) and loves turning insights into actions.
About us At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool with a stock library of over 1 million photographs, illustrations and imagery. You can also choose from hundreds of professional templates to create social media graphics, presentations, flyers, posters, invitations and so much more. Our mission is to make design simple for everyone. Driven by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Want to learn more about Canva? Visit Canva's website.
Disrupting how fans discover the best new music and events