What you’ll do as our Lead Designer...
- Work with our template designers and assisting the team in creating and delivering template design projects and campaigns
- Mentor and guide junior designers in ensuring the team are set up for success in ensuring every project and campaign is completed
- Brief our designers, illustrators, photographers, and videographers to execute high-quality content and templates for each project
- Create high-quality designs and templates that are tailored to and curated to campaigns and project briefs
- Drive design research, mood boards, brainstorming, and design reference sessions with the team
- Work with copywriters to make sure template content suits the design
- Review designs created by our designers and provide feedback for revisions
- Check for template usability before publishing
We'd love it if you have...
- 4 - 5+ years experience as a Graphic Designer, Art Director or a lead role creating a diverse range of designs
- Experience in mentoring/managing junior designers or a team, can instruct other designers on craft, to get their designs closer to the concept vision
- The ability to initiate and lead design projects alongside their accounts/art director
- Art direction experience - the ability to brief illustrators, photographers and videographers to create beautiful and quality content
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your passion for designing clean, elegant, and beautiful designs
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment
- Diligence to hit deadlines
Competencies for success
- We shortlist by reviewing not just your CV but more importantly, your portfolio. Quality over quantity matters more to us - so best to show us your best and most relevant graphic design works – throw in those layouts, social media posts, and even branding projects!
- You’re a hustler! You are adaptable and can work independently juggling the delivery of design projects and producing high-quality content.
- You’re unafraid to get your hands dirty! You’re a senior designer who can give out briefs, at the same time, create high-quality designs.
What you'll love in Canva...
- Equity options in one of the fastest growing startups in the world
- Fitness membership
- In-house chef
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
About us At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool with a stock library of over 1 million photographs, illustrations and imagery. You can also choose from hundreds of professional templates to create social media graphics, presentations, flyers, posters, invitations and so much more. Our mission is to make design simple for everyone. Driven by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Want to learn more about Canva? Visit Canva's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.