Senior Graphic Designer
Amazingly Simple Graphic Design Software
What you'll be doing
- Direct design on key template projects across the Canva Studio
- Liaise with clients alongside account managers to understand their creative needs, and develop an effective brief for your team
- Understand and respond to client feedback with accuracy and empathy, developing designs and templates that will help to make them successful
- Work with the Studio Manager and manage your team in order to execute jobs successfully on deadline and to brief
- Brief a design team to create beautiful and usable animated and static templates
- Brief and manage the asset creation process with our internal and external sources of imagery, music tracks, video footage, stickers, and animations, -- so that we have the best assets to work with
- Provide design feedback to team members with sensitivity and honesty, helping them to grow and develop their skills
- Own curation and quality assurance for templates
- Work closely with the team developing Canva’s product – and ensure that our templates evolve with and inform our features
- Research competitors, trends, patterns and best-practises, visual/interaction design inspiration, user and business insights
- Ensure our designers create with usability requirements in mind
- Produce and integrate effective & efficient design practices
- Support the team’s scalability through documentation and process improvement.
Experience you'll need
- At least 5+ years experience as a Senior Designer, Design Lead, or Art Director, directing strategy and design across a team.
- Deep understanding of design and the latest industry and social trends. You’ll be across every platform, with profound insight on what makes a design successful
- A portfolio demonstrating your passion for designing clean, elegant, and beautiful designs.
- Experience in a managerial role leading creatives, and communicating design feedback to encourage designers to improve their work in accordance with design fundamentals
- Familiarity with preparing files for print, and working in a CMYK colour space
- Experience briefing photographers, videographers, and illustrators to create assets for your team to use
- An understanding of various video and social media publishing platforms, so that your content can be designed to better engage & reach audiences
About us At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool with a stock library of over 1 million photographs, illustrations and imagery. You can also choose from hundreds of professional templates to create social media graphics, presentations, flyers, posters, invitations and so much more. Our mission is to make design simple for everyone. Driven by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Want to learn more about Canva? Visit Canva's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.