Graphic Designer - Mobile Marketing
Amazingly Simple Graphic Design Software
What you will be working on..
- 90% of the time:
- Screenshot experiments to optimise conversion rates for Canva’s on-store placements on the App Store, Google Play and other storefronts (paid and organic), covering multiple locales. You will be a large part of the experiment hypothesis and ideation process, you will not simply be delivering on a brief.
- Our mobile products are constantly being improved and we need to keep our storefronts up to date. These ‘Store hygiene’ projects often entails producing assets at scale (multiple apps x across multiple stores x 30+ locales x phone and tablet x 10 screenshots each = thousands produced for a project)
- Promotional artwork for feature placements on the app stores. You will often have a couple of days turnaround for these in amongst everything else you’re working on, so will need to enjoy designing under pressure!
- Assets to drive increased engagement with push notifications and in-app messages (and sometimes email)
- Creative for mobile channels for seasonal or marketing campaigns. This may be screenshots, feature graphics, promotional artwork, push, etc. These will need to be cohesive and you will be working with the broader brand and marketing team on these.
- 10% of the time:
- We said it was a fast-paced place to work, so this part we can’t actually tell you! There are many ad hoc projects that will come up and you’ll be excited by the challenge.
About the candidate...
- 1-2+ years experience as a graphic designer, creating a diverse range of branding and advertising campaigns.
- Some experience in motion design would be a big plus!
- Good grasp of brand thinking, can easily understand the Canva visual language and tone of the brand.
- A strong portfolio or reel demonstrating your passion for graphic design, branding and advertising.
- Strong visual communication skills, layout experience from typography and colour theory which you can use effectively in producing engaging creative.
- The confidence to try new things, and a passion for big ideas and storytelling
- Good communication skills to collaborate with remote creative teams, and be able to sell ideas on creative brainstorms.
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment;
- Diligence to hit deadlines, and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes.
- A working knowledge in Advanced Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Basic Adobe Premiere & After Effects. Knowledge in Figma or Sketch is a bonus!
Competencies for success
- We shortlist by reviewing not just your CV but more importantly, your portfolio. Quality over quantity matters more to us - so best to show us your best and most relevant graphic design works – throw in those layouts, social media posts, and even branding projects!
- You’re a hustler! You are adaptable and can work independently juggling the delivery of design projects and producing high-quality content.
- You’re unafraid to get your hands dirty! You’re a senior designer who can give out briefs, at the same time, create high-quality designs.
What you'll love in Canva...
- Equity options in one of the fastest growing startups in the world
- Fitness membership
- In-house chef
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
About us At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool with a stock library of over 1 million photographs, illustrations and imagery. You can also choose from hundreds of professional templates to create social media graphics, presentations, flyers, posters, invitations and so much more. Our mission is to make design simple for everyone. Driven by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Want to learn more about Canva? Visit Canva's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.