We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the Finance Group
The Finance and Legal Group’s mission is to protect and serve Canva and its key stakeholders; that is protecting Canva from external pressures and risks whilst balancing the need to best serve our teams. The vision is for Canva to be recognised and commended by its peers and stakeholders as having a world-class Finance and Legal team.
About the Corporate Accounting Team
The mission of the Corporate Accounting team is to ensure that financial information withstands external scrutiny in compliance with all local regulations and standards. We are the gatekeepers of externally reported financial information and as the Canva business grows, we are exposed to a broader range of accounting regulations and reporting requirements.
We currently have team members in Sydney and Manila and are looking to continue scaling the team! With expanding operations across the world in multiple jurisdictions, we are looking for a Corporate Accountant who can expand our accounting close processes and assist in the preparation of management estimates and technical accounting positions.
Canva is looking for a Corporate Accountant to build on our corporate close processes. This is a critical role that will work closely with other finance teams, providing guidance to the GL and Shared Services team as well as communicating corporate adjustments to Tax and FP&A.
- You will have solid experience in researching technical accounting positions and preparing adjustments and relevant documentation such as reconciliations and management assumptions. You have a keen eye for detail and thrive on problem solving, process development and communicating accounting policies to other stakeholders.
- You will have a solid technical background and know how to operate in a high growth environment. You are adaptable and have a strong appetite in learning new knowledge.
- You are a team player, enjoy collaborating and rallying the team towards achieving its goals and always willing to lend a hand to your colleagues for the collective good. Your values and interpersonal approach will be a metric of success for this role.
What you'll do:
- Assess the impact of new accounting pronouncements and collaborate with business partners to drive their company-wide implementation
- Prepare corporate accounting adjustments for new accounting estimates and positions
- Create and maintain balance sheet reconciliations for corporate adjustments and related accounts.
- Research and document the accounting treatment for new transactions and business initiatives across the Group
- Assist in the timely and accurate corporate close processAssist in coordinating with external auditors to deliver timely audits.
What we're looking for:
- 2-4 years of relevant accounting in either a professional services environment or in-house role with audit and financial reporting exposure
- Practical experience supporting multiple clients, jurisdictions and regulations including IFRS and local GAAPs
- CA qualified or equivalent qualification;
We'd also love it if you had:
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
- Professional experience in a similar industry or high growth company
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been ranked Australia’s #1 place to work. We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love. Psst -We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalife
Being a Force for good. One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.