Visual Designer (ux/ui) - Company Squad
Canva, Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane
Amazingly Simple Graphic Design Software
What you’ll do
- You'll work in a cross-functional team where you will be responsible to bring the design to life from start to finish. That may involve a wide range of tasks such as brainstorming, writing creative briefs or design documents, wireframes, visual designs, prototypes and interaction design.
- You'll contribute to the discovery phase with user stories, research, competitor analysis, wireframes, user flows etc. and help define the problem and solutions.
- You'll translate insights, data and user research into prototypes to validate ideas with stakeholders and end users.
- You'll design creative and on-brand visual solutions such as emails, banners, graphics, UI motions, landing pages and websites that drive users to the product and inspire them to create a design
- You'll work closely with engineers during implementation and review final deliverables with an exacting eye, ensuring that layout, images, typography and general experience is flawless and on-brand.
- You'll iterate and optimise pages and user flows for conversion.
- You'll design at scale keeping in mind internationalisation, CMS integration, accessibility, design system, mobile design and various technical constraints and opportunities.
- You'll work collaboratively with other Digital Designers in the company to align and consolidate UI patterns, share knowledge and learnings, and improve overall website experiences
What we’re looking for
- A designer who is naturally curious and passionate about design with a keen awareness of the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies, resources and trends. You are a master of your craft and love to bring projects to life. You are comfortable working in a high pace and iterative environment inside a cross functional team and can navigate from chaos to clarity. Highly collaborative, you are able to bring people with you on the design journey, proposing creative solutions informed by data and research while addressing business goals and strategies.
- You have 3+ years of experience as a digital or visual designer
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates experience in designing landing pages, a strong understanding in user behavior, and how to drive conversion.
- You work iteratively and have experience with conversion optimization, A/B testing, User testing and using data to inform design decisions.
- You are comfortable with the various acquisition channels and are able to provide holistic and consistent solutions with SEO and SEM knowledge.
- You are a designer that is constantly inspired—motivating those around you through your passion and drive for what you do.
- You are excited by regularly coming up with new ideas, shipping new products and features that address your users’ real needs.
- You shine through your designs—creating user flows and wireframes that simplify user interactions
- You are eager to visually communicate your ideas through prototypes to test with users.
- You thrive in a collaborative workplace; partnering with other designers, engineers, product developers and other disciplines throughout the company.
- You appreciate big picture thinking. While details are everything, creating an experience that always keeps our users in mind is equally as important.
- You are a problem solver that’s excited by a challenge. You enjoy sitting in a room and whiteboarding ideas to confidently come up with simple, elegant solutions that everyone can move forward with.
- You are an empathetic user advocate that values the backing of research and data analysis when it comes to designing modern solutions.
What you'll learn and how you'll develop at Canva
- Learn to design at scale and have a real impact on the business and on people’s everyday lives.
- Develop your craft with some of the most talented Product designers, Motion designers, Design researchers etc.
About us At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool with a stock library of over 1 million photographs, illustrations and imagery. You can also choose from hundreds of professional templates to create social media graphics, presentations, flyers, posters, invitations and so much more. Our mission is to make design simple for everyone. Driven by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Want to learn more about Canva? Visit Canva's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.