Frontend Engineer Lead
Canva, Beijing, China
Amazingly Simple Graphic Design Software
Goals the candidate will achieve in the first 6-12 months
- Goal #1Start with small onboarding tasks to get familiar with the tech stack and the development process in Canva.
- Goal #2solve some complex tasks and build domain knowledge on some specific areas.
- Goal #3Finish 1-2 complex goals and build sophisticated domain knowledge 1-2 areas.
- Able to work on complex goals with sophisticated domain knowledge on some areas.
- Communicate across teams effectively and be able to drive things forward.
- Align with business stakeholders and execute on strategy by setting roadmaps for teams, hiring and coaching
- Hands-on design, development, and deployment of software solutions within the Growth domain
- Driving technical strategy and providing leadership to your team in a fast-paced innovation-focused environment
- Drive delivery of large-scale projects from ideation to completion within start-up time frames to develop new features and products - while also ensuring Canva’s overall reliability, performance, security, and stability
- Develop and grow a team of 10 - 15 Canvanauts through effective hiring, coaching, succession planning, and retention strategies
- Inspire and coach teams to innovate, invent, implement and deploy complex software solutions in a complex distributed and mission-critical environment
- Promote a safe and healthy culture with a focus on collaboration and open communication, and a good work-life balance
- Set up and run ongoing feedback sessions, initiatives to help drive a healthy code review culture, knowledge sharing, pairing, design showcases, and helping improve processes through retrospectives
Experience the candidate will have
- Experience with technical and people leadership - having previously led small high-performing teams.
- Coding proficiency and well as previous experience as a software engineer with a specialization in frontend
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; with the ability to work with a diverse range of individuals from different backgrounds and with different professional and personal needs
- Demonstrable product and commercial acumen
- Be capable of leading by example - promoting Canva’s values, no-blame mentality, and inclusive culture
About us At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool with a stock library of over 1 million photographs, illustrations and imagery. You can also choose from hundreds of professional templates to create social media graphics, presentations, flyers, posters, invitations and so much more. Our mission is to make design simple for everyone. Driven by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Want to learn more about Canva? Visit Canva's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price