#747 Technical Team Lead - Marketing and Engagement - Authentication - Front End
Canva, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Amazingly Simple Graphic Design Software
Role and Responsibilities
- You will be instrumental in driving design, development, and deployment of software solutions
- Your vision and expertise will influence technical strategy and provide supportive coaching to your team in a fast-paced innovation-focused environment
- You will successfully empower your team to deliver large-scale projects from ideation to completion within start-up time frames to develop new features and products.
- By focusing on the human element of coaching you will promote a safe and healthy culture with a focus on collaboration and open communication
- You will immediately be responsible for a team of 3/4 Canvanauts with a view to expanding the scope of responsibility across multiple teams.
- Your inspiration guides your team to innovate, invent, implement and deploy complex software solutions in a complex distributed and mission-critical environment
- You will understand the need to experiment, measure and deploy or move on quickly
- Your team's success will be supported by setting up and running ongoing feedback sessions and initiative. You will help drive a healthy code review culture, knowledge sharing, design showcases, and helping improve processes through retrospectives
Required Skills and Experience
- You have discovered that you have a rare talent for motivating people - having previously led small high-performing teams of 3-8 members.
- You will understand the need to be Product Driven - understand the product life cycle, features, technical debt, QA, supporting quality at speed.
- You will know when you need to push back, shielding the team from disruptions. Providing a safe environment, helping to bring clarity.
- Your coding proficiency will still be that of a Seasoned Senior Front End Engineer, however you will have found the love and passion for Coaching People and developing a culture that enables teams to be their best.
- You will be more than happy to work in our environment - our core stack is Microservices Java backend, with a React/Typescript frontend.
- You will have successfully delivered projects in a large-scale cloud-based environments
- Your excellent written and verbal communication skills will enable you to manage stakeholders and communicate effectively across other groups.
- You will have the ability to work with a diverse range of individuals from different backgrounds and with different professional and personal needs
- You will be able to demonstrate in order of preference your ability to lead and motivate teams, your 1st class technical skills followed by your product delivery capability.
- You will be leading by example - promoting Canva’s values, no-blame mentality, and inclusive culture
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive salary, plus stock options via our ESOP plan
- Flexible daily working hours, we value work-life balance
- Breakfast and lunch prepared by our wonderful Vibe team in Sydney HQ
- Onsite-Gym and Yoga Membership
- End-of-Trip Facilities: Bicycle parking and showers
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Internal Coaching and Employee Support Programs
- Sponsored social clubs, team events, and celebrations
About us At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool with a stock library of over 1 million photographs, illustrations and imagery. You can also choose from hundreds of professional templates to create social media graphics, presentations, flyers, posters, invitations and so much more. Our mission is to make design simple for everyone. Driven by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Want to learn more about Canva? Visit Canva's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.