Security Data Analyst
Canva, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Amazingly Simple Graphic Design Software
What you'll be doing
- Help us understand how effective our security controls and programs are – we want you to be creative and insightful, leading the group’s thinking on how to measure our services
- Analyse and interpret our security data, so that we can identify and adjust to new trends
- Build and maintain dashboards for our security teams that tell a visual story, and make them look really good – you don’t need to be a designer or have any design talent, you just need to want to build things that look cool
- Produce data-driven projections for security, financial, and operational metrics, and refine those projections over time to improve accuracy
- Work with product managers, engineers, and others, to figure out what data we should collect, and how we should collect it
- Ensure that our data is robust and faithfully represents what we intended to measure
- Mentor and train future analysts as they join the team at Canva
- Use our mathematical, analytical, and statistical methods with our giant databases to answer the sort of questions that sound really simple but turn out to be extremely challenging (and fun!)
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong competency with SQL; experience with data warehouses such as Snowflake, Redshift, or AWS Athena/Glue/S3
- Experience with large, real-world data sets
- Experience wrangling and analysing data using Python or R
- Basic working knowledge of information security concepts and data sets such as vulnerability data, security incident data, system configuration data, and security event logs
- Experience defining reports and dashboards inside off the shelf software, as well as BI tools such as Looker or Tableau
- Experience building dashboards that effectively communicate results and outcomes
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written - be able to break down complex topics into simple solutions and ideas. Stakeholder management skills are vital in this role.
- A grounding in mathematics / statistics and/or a bachelor's degree in a STEM areaExperience with very large data sets
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Free Yoga membership
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly offices including a garden, climbing wall, unisex toilets
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget provided for interstate or overseas candidates
About us At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool with a stock library of over 1 million photographs, illustrations and imagery. You can also choose from hundreds of professional templates to create social media graphics, presentations, flyers, posters, invitations and so much more. Our mission is to make design simple for everyone. Driven by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Want to learn more about Canva? Visit Canva's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.