Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
We’re looking for insightful data analysts who can help us make that happen.
Our product has grown enormously in the last few years. We now have 10s of millions of users generating enormous quantities of data every single day. To help us fuel our future growth, we need to better understand our data - this is where we need your help.
We're looking for self-motivated individuals who are curious about our product and our users, and who are excited to seek out valuable insights. We don’t want you to just be a resource that answers questions - we want you to act as a genuine data partner with your team and the broader business. We have a LOT of data and need people who can use their skills to help us make the most of it!
We’re looking to grow the team and continue to scale the impact in the China and Eastern Asia markets. You'll be joining a diverse and fast-moving cross-functional team, rapidly building data tools and resources that staff can equip themselves to succeed. This role is about providing some closely-aligned support for our China team in Beijing, China.
In this role, expect to:
- Find insights that help us understand both Canva and our customers - we want you to be creative and insightful, rather than just throwing the usual metrics at the wall to see what sticks
- Suggest and run interesting experiments that will actually move our metrics - when we push tests to 100% we want to actually see the bump in the relevant graph
- Build and maintain dashboards for our product teams, and make them look really good - you don’t need to be a designer or have any design talent, you just need to want to build cool things
- Own projects, data models, dashboards, and other artefacts and keep them up-to-date and high quality in a hyper growth environment
- Use our giant databases to answer the sort of questions that can sound open and really simple but turn out to be challenging (and fun!)
- Help us extend data literacy and curiosity throughout the whole company
We'd love it if you have:
- Strong competency with SQL; experience with building in data warehouses such as Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery
- Experience wrangling and analyzing data using Python or R
- Experience with optimizing product funnels, running experiments, and building dashboards that effectively communicate results and outcomes
- A grounding in mathematics / statistics and a bachelor's degree in a STEM area is preferred; but not required
- Experience with very large data sets is a huge plus, but not required
- Working with subscription-based data sets is a plus! It would be desirable if you have experience with collaborative products as well.
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written - be able to break down complex topics into simple solutions and ideas.
- Working proficiency in reading and writing Chinese and English.
- An understanding of media attribution, marketing mix modeling and incrementality of marketing campaigns is a plus!
- Competitive salary, plus equity incentive
- Flexible daily working hours, we value work-life balance
- Breakfast, lunch, fruits, snacks and drinks prepared by our wonderful Vibe team
- Virtual and in-office wellness benefit: Fitness Classes, Employee Assistant Programs, social clubs and team events sponsored by the company
- Generous and unique flexible leaves that goes above and beyond the standard
- Pet-friendly offices
- Internal Coaching and Employee Support Programs
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We are looking for people who love technology and can bring creativity when solving challenging problems. We ensure that the Canva workspace is setup for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so. If you're a passionate data analyst seeking a truly challenging opportunity with one of the world's premier technology companies, then apply now to start the discussion with us!
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Competitive salary, plus equity options where you will enjoy the rapid growth of Canva and have impact every day.
• Flexible working hours that cater to how you best work. We value work-life balance and you decided what works best for you.
• Healthy and delicious breakfast, lunch, fruit, drinks and snacks options. You can enjoy the TGIF special drinks and live cooking.
• Unique and flexible leave that goes beyond just standard annual leave including flexible leave, carer’s leave, Force for Good leave, education leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own development.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. It could be anything, from a fitness center membership to personal development training, or dinner out with a teammate. Because you know what you need, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including; Canva University, Fitness Classes (Yoga & Meditation) Employee Assistant Programs, social clubs and team events that are sponsored by the company.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process. / 我们会根据你的经验、技能和对于职位的热情来做出雇佣决定。当你进行申请时，请告诉我们你希望我们对你使用的称谓，以及在面试过程中你可能需要的任何合理调整。