Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the group and/or team
The Finance and Legal Group’s mission is to protect and serve Canva and its key stakeholders; that is protecting Canva from external pressures and risks whilst balancing the need to best serve our teams. The vision is for Canva to be recognised and commended by its peers and stakeholders as having a world-class Finance and Legal team.
The RevOps team’s core goal is to support the revenue growth of Canva on its mission to become one of the most valuable companies in the world. Currently a team of two based out of our Shared Services center in Philippines, our team look after the following core responsibilities:
- Customer onboarding
- Billing and Collections
- Revenue Systems
- Revenue recognition
- Customer credit management
Exciting times ahead in 2022 as we look to grow the RevOps team to expand our offering to the wider business, consolidate processes across multiple entities and bring efficiencies through process automation.
About your role..
- Posting customer payments by recording cash receipts, checks, and credit card payments
- Investigating unallocated payments and reconciliation of undeposited funds account
- Preparation and analysis of collections and aging reports
- Monitoring of bad debts and write off
- Reconciliation of AR Account at Month End
- Liaising with sales team and clients in regards to invoice and payment status
- Generating account statements as required
- Partner with the wider finance team and business units to achieve their objectives, including the setting of relevant metrics / SLAs of the Shared Services function and ensuring they are met consistently
- Assistance with year-end audit activities where necessary
Also, we’d love it if you have...
- A Bachelor’s/College Degree in Finance/Accountancy or equivalent
- 3-5 years knowledge and experience in transactional processing, reporting and related month-end processes
- Experience with Accounts Receivable (Collections, Receivables Management and Reporting) is highly desirableExperience with NetSuite Oneworld
- Experience with NetSuite Oneworld is highly desirable
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
- Keen eye for detail and the ability to identify and correct errors in processing
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Healthcare benefits (both through HMO & Medical Allowances)
- Professional education / Well-being / Social recognition / Home office allowances
- Health and well-being programs
- Generous leave policy
- Fun, quirky, and most importantly sponsored social clubs, team events, & celebrations
- Pre and Post Pandemic: In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been ranked Australia’s #1 place to work.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
Psst - We have in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalife
Being a force for good
One of our core values at Canva, "Being a force for good" means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that's good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together the diversity of thoughts, perspectives, and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• A temporary work from home setup as we prepare to provide a safe environment for Canvanauts who would like to work in the office. Our Future of Work plan is to move towards a hybrid work model (in-office & from home) You and your team can determine your ideal work setup. Whichever works best for you, #KayaSaCanva.
• Unique and flexible leaves options: :Recharge and go on your next getaway or simply take time off for yourself through our Vacation Leave, Give back through our Volunteer Leave to help out a charity or NGO of choiceSupport yourself or take care of your loved ones (even your furbabies) through our Sick or Carer’s Leave
• Focus on your own growth and development through our Professional Educational Leave
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowances for you to spend on anything that supports your wellbeing. Whether it’s a workshop, an electronic stand-up desk, a gym membership, or dinner with a teammate, we encourage you to do what you need to do in order to thrive.
• Virtual and in-office wellness and development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistance Programs, Fitness Classes and more to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program that matches your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
• A variety of Canva clubs that you can join to connect you to fellow Canvanauts with similar interests. From cycling, skincare, pets, to foodies (and the list goes on), we got you covered! Club activities can also be done remotely or in person.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.