Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the group/team
The Finance and Legal Group’s mission is to protect and serve Canva and its key stakeholders; that is protecting Canva from external pressures and risks whilst balancing the need to best serve our teams. The vision is for Canva to be recognised and commended by its peers and stakeholders as having a world-class Finance and Legal team.
The RevOps team’s core goal is to support the revenue growth of Canva on its mission to become one of the most valuable companies in the world. Currently a team of two based out of our Shared Services center in the Philippines our team looks after the following core responsibilities:
- Customer onboarding
- Billing and Collections
- Revenue Systems
- Revenue recognition
- Customer credit management
Exciting times ahead in 2022 as we look to grow the team to expand our offering to the wider business, consolidate processes across multiple entities and bring efficiencies through process automation.
About the role/specialty
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to help Canva build out best in class systems and processes in the space. As Rev Ops lead, you will be responsible for maturing the systems and processes of Canva and help support a highly engaged and growing team.
Working closely with the Shared Service Lead in the Philippines, the Group Finance team in Sydney, Sales Ops, our revenue accountants and local finance teams around the world, this is a key role in Canva’s FinOps team supporting the growth of Canva’s revenues.
As we begin to grow out our Enterprise offering, we now have the need to support more customised contract arrangements, greater volumes of offline invoicing and collections and plenty of exciting projects underway in this space.
- You will be responsible for the systems and processes in this space, ensuring we continue to evolve and mature to cater for scale
- You will mentor and guide an engaged team of two which will be expanded in 2022
- You will help the business build new processes, implement new systems and set the team up for success at scale
- You will help the team preserve the collectibility of receivables as we grow our enterprise revenues
- You will help identify resource requirements and assist with the hiring process as needed
- You will work with a variety of internal stakeholders to help define and build our the Rev Ops offering at Canva
- You will be a key player in the building out of the team, systems and processes in an important team at Canva
- You will gain great exposure to international operations of fast growing company
- You will develop skills in centralisation of operations to support efficient scaling
- You will have the chance to work with internal and external stakeholders across the globe
- There is a big opportunity for the right candidate to leave their mark on the maturation of processes at one of the world’s fastest growing tech companies
What we’re looking for…
- We are looking for a great team player that is keen to work with a variety of stakeholders to build out best in class processes in this space.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in setting up, refining and owning end to end systems and processes to support the revenue growth of a fast changing business.
- You will have the ability to take on new challenges with a team, provide guidance and mentorship to help the team bring projects from chaos to clarity.
- Operational excellence will be at your core with a proven ability to leverage technology to bring efficiency to processes through automation.
- You will be driven to grow personally with the business which can provide endless development opportunities.
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work independently with a team to achieve goals and deliver value
- Experience in the field of revenue operations including end to end quote to cash management
- Strategic mindset with a vision for the future of the team, always looking ahead for the next improvement to make to processes
- Previous experience assisting with the coaching and mentoring of staff, helping them achieve their development goals
- Experience managing shared service processes across a number of entities in a fast paced environment
- Experience with Salesforce and/or Netsuite is a plus!
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• A temporary work from home setup as we prepare to provide a safe environment for Canvanauts who would like to work in the office. Our Future of Work plan is to move towards a hybrid work model (in-office & from home) You and your team can determine your ideal work setup. Whichever works best for you, #KayaSaCanva.
• Unique and flexible leaves options: :Recharge and go on your next getaway or simply take time off for yourself through our Vacation Leave, Give back through our Volunteer Leave to help out a charity or NGO of choiceSupport yourself or take care of your loved ones (even your furbabies) through our Sick or Carer’s Leave
• Focus on your own growth and development through our Professional Educational Leave
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowances for you to spend on anything that supports your wellbeing. Whether it’s a workshop, an electronic stand-up desk, a gym membership, or dinner with a teammate, we encourage you to do what you need to do in order to thrive.
• Virtual and in-office wellness and development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistance Programs, Fitness Classes and more to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program that matches your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
• A variety of Canva clubs that you can join to connect you to fellow Canvanauts with similar interests. From cycling, skincare, pets, to foodies (and the list goes on), we got you covered! Club activities can also be done remotely or in person.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.