Regulatory & Compliance Counsel
Canva, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Amazingly Simple Graphic Design Software
What you'll do
- Conduct comprehensive business risk assessments to identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop and implement risk mitigation and corrective action plans for areas of heightened risk; and provide training on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Provide strategic advice to Canva on regulatory and compliance matters, including relating to anti-corruption (FCPA, UKBA and other regimes), prevention of modern slavery, vendor and supply chain management, global trade compliance and export controls.
- Design and implement Canva group-wide compliance programs and related policies and be responsible for their ongoing implementation, management and improvement.
- Partner with our Head of Public Policy and Government Affairs to develop and implement Canva’s public policy and government affairs initiatives, comment on pending legislation and shape external thought leadership.
- Provide support to the Canva Foundation on compliance-related matters.
- Ensure that complaints and alleged violations of law, rules and regulations are being appropriately identified, evaluated, investigated and resolved in a timely and effective manner
- Regularly assess the efficiency of control systems and recommend effective improvements.
- Collaborate with our product and privacy counsel team to provide guidance on product launches, security, data and privacy-related matters.
What we're looking for
- Experienced gained from a global in-house organisation, preferably within the tech industry, although we'll also consider candidates from other in-house environments and law firms
- You have a strong technical background and hands on experience partnering with cross-functional teams on a broad range of regulatory and compliance matters.
- You are a skilled communicator and have confidence and experience translating legal concepts into solutions, to make complex things simple
- Experience building and participating in compliance management systems, including performing compliance risk assessments and regulatory compliance reviews.
- Ability to effectively frame issues to drive critical thinking and execution.
About us At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool with a stock library of over 1 million photographs, illustrations and imagery. You can also choose from hundreds of professional templates to create social media graphics, presentations, flyers, posters, invitations and so much more. Our mission is to make design simple for everyone. Driven by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Want to learn more about Canva? Visit Canva's website.
Help the world share their story