Senior Frontend Engineer - SEO Growth
Canva, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Amazingly Simple Graphic Design Software
The role and the team
- Running experiments and optimizing Canva's 60M+ logged out pages for SEO, across the company.
- Exposure to lots of different teams and product surfaces. Interesting product work. Metrics based and trackable, with visible success.
- Work with product teams across the company to optimize their logged-out pages.
- Global Nav ownership. In the SEO group we are the custodians of the global navigation in Canva.
- Working to launch Canva in more international markets, bringing our content to even more countries and languages.
- Also launch new pages such as:
- New product pages, e.g.www.canva.com/business-cards/
- New category pages e.g. www.canva.com/business-cards/templates/
- Building tools and frameworks that help us rapidly and reliably conduct experiments across different parts of the Canva app
- Design, develop and deploy solutions and hands-on software development – working closely with leads, designers, and product managers to deliver features and experiments to our customers worldwide
- Work collaboratively and consult with leads, product managers, and engineers across teams at Canva to unblock back-end work that helps your group deliver features and experiments to our customers worldwide
- Communicate effectively with Product Managers and Engineers across Canva when developing a solution; seek and incorporate diverse perspectives to address complex issues
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and effectively advocate for engineering needs to non-technical stakeholders within the group
- Model initiative and ownership in achieving goals, improve processes and solutions
- Identify opportunities for cross-team collaboration to work on new ideas and improvements that help achieve our goals
Required skills and experience
- Commercial experience developing complex web applications
- Experience developing rich applications with HTML/CSS.
- Firmly grounded computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns
- Experience building UX for specialists and an eye for design.
- Working collaboratively with team members and communicating effectively
- Good writing and verbal communication skills
Nice to have
- Experience with TypeScript, React and MobX.
- This role has the ability to be Full Stack, moving between frontend and backend requirements whilst leading our frontend technology stack and approach.
- Experience with Marketing or SEO work in the past.
About us At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool with a stock library of over 1 million photographs, illustrations and imagery. You can also choose from hundreds of professional templates to create social media graphics, presentations, flyers, posters, invitations and so much more. Our mission is to make design simple for everyone. Driven by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Want to learn more about Canva? Visit Canva's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.