Canva’s Commitment and Mission
Ngā Manawanuitanga me ngā uaratanga o Canva
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Want to join Canva?
About the Product Design team
One of the principles of our design team is to ‘show the future’. As designers, we transport the rest of the company into a future we are yet to build. A big part of the role of a product design lead at Canva is to be a visionary—visualising and reinventing the future of design.
Product designers at Canva take the dream and make it something everyone can relate to and rally behind. We start from the very early stages: finding the right problem to solve, exploring ideas for how to solve it and then refining it into a coherent solution. Our product designers carry out research, brainstorming, sketching, prototyping, and collaboration with our engineers to ship great products. We are empathetic user advocates and respect our users’ opinions through interviews, usability testing, and data analysis, as well as wireframing, flowcharting, and journey mapping to show the different stages that customers go through as they come into contact with Canva.
About the Teams & Subscriptions Growth group
This group is on a mission to show the world the value of Canva at work and in the classroom. We’re passionate about driving impact on key metrics for acquisition and retention of paid customers, adoption of Canva amongst teams, and the go-to tool for collaboration.
We partner with other product groups and teams, using our mature experimentation framework, data and research capabilities to improve the impact and performance of all the amazing features that we launch on a regular basis.
We have come a long way, but we have huge company growth aspirations and crazy big goals for Teams & Subscriptions; you’ll be critical in helping us make Canva a household name.
What You'll do
You will partner with Product and Growth Managers to identify and prioritise the highest impact product ideas, then guide growth teams to create and deliver experiments that inform our future product direction.
Your sphere of ownership covers how our users:
- Upgrade from free to premium subscriptions in a smooth and delightful manner;
- Onboard and are educated as customers to become lifelong advocates;
- Downgrade with a smile and intent to return someday;
- Are inspired to share documents and collaborate together;
- Create, grow and sustain happy, engaged teams and classrooms.
Goals you'll achieve
- Understand the Canva product, our subscription offerings, and our 2022 strategies;
- Create and drive a long-term product vision for your group;
- Work with Design leaders across Canva to build awareness of growth design
- Lead a team of Product designers within your group to achieve their personal goals, scale their impact and care for their wellbeing.
Experience You'll have
- Experience as a Product Design Lead or Design Director, directing strategy and design across a team
- Direct experience with collaborating and communicating with senior stakeholders
- Strong design leadership experience - you know how to make an impact through empowering, growing and motivating other designers.
- A track record of tackling complex problems and delivering simple, elegant solutions. You hold a high bar for designing clean, elegant, and usable designs.
- Deep understanding of how to uncover user needs through research and user empathy.
- Extensive experience working with Engineers on feasibility, detailed design and finding solutions to complex problems.
- Experience working with Brand Designers, Graphic Designers and strong empathy for graphic design and its impact on business results.
- A strong sense of design ethics - understanding that the design decisions we make at Canva impact millions of lives, everyday.
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience in product thinking where you have previously shipped UX/UI design for digital products.
Working at Canva
Tō mahi ki te Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include: Flexible hours and working fully remotely from anywhere in New Zealand, which values your work-life balance because you know how you work best.
• Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• We have virtual wellness & development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs, Fitness & Yoga Classes and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process. / Ka whakatauhia e mātou ngā tikanga i runga i ōu whēako, ōu pūkenga me tō ngākaunui mō te mahi. Kia mahara mai; He uiuinga tata te uiui.Ina tono koe, tēnā, kōrero mai ki a mātou ngā kupu hunga ingoa e whakamahia anae koe, me ngā rereketanga whaitake e hiahiatia ana e koe i te wā o te uiui.