Canva’s Commitment and Mission
Ngā Manawanuitanga me ngā uaratanga o Canva
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the team
The Manage Teams group is on a mission to empower every team admin to easily manage their team in Canva. This year, our group is doubling down on a number of critical initiatives to help us achieve our company-level strategy of driving teams and collaboration in Canva. We want to make Canva the tool that every team big and small wants to use to collaborate and communicate every day - from the classroom to the workplace.
So far we’ve launched a range of teams and collaboration capabilities but this is just the beginning of our journey. As the Product Designer joining this team, you will help us drive towards making Canva a household name in every team.
About the role
We are searching for an experienced Product Designer to help us define the design direction and UX strategy for our core team administrator experiences in Canva. You will work in the Admin Team within the Manage Teams group which is focused on delivering end-to-end experiences that empower our team administrators to easily and seamlessly set up and manage their teams in Canva.
Your sphere of ownership covers how our team administrators:
- Set up their organisation and teams in Canva including team sign-up, creation and people management.
- Manage their teams in Canva including team controls and customisation.
- Transfer content between their teams in Canva.
- Setup and manage design approval workflows.
What You'll Do
- Drive Product Design projects end-to-end within the Admin Team.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineering Leads to make sure you’re prioritising the most important features/experiences.
- Confidently and clearly communicate future design directions with key team members.
- Research competitors, trends, patterns and best practices, UX design inspiration, user and business insights.
- Design to Canva’s high standards of simplicity and usability.
What You'll Bring
- 3+ years of UX/product design experience, ideally with experience designing collaboration software for teams.
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience in product thinking where you have previously shipped UX/UI design for digital products.
- Regularly coming up with new ideas excites you, along with shipping new products and features that address your users’ real needs.
- You shine through your designs—creating user flows and wireframes that simplify user interactions
- You are eager to visually communicate your ideas through prototypes to test with users.
- A collaborative workplace is where you thrive the most; partnering with other designers, engineers, product developers and other teams throughout the company.
- You are an empathetic user advocate that values the backing of research and data analysis when it comes to designing modern solutions.
- You enjoy a little flexibility in your work. Our growth means there are constantly new things to work on every day, as such it’s likely that you’ll often be working across the board on new and exciting projects.
Working at Canva
Tō mahi ki te Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include: Flexible hours and working fully remotely from anywhere in New Zealand, which values your work-life balance because you know how you work best.
• Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• We have virtual wellness & development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs, Fitness & Yoga Classes and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process. / Ka whakatauhia e mātou ngā tikanga i runga i ōu whēako, ōu pūkenga me tō ngākaunui mō te mahi. Kia mahara mai; He uiuinga tata te uiui.Ina tono koe, tēnā, kōrero mai ki a mātou ngā kupu hunga ingoa e whakamahia anae koe, me ngā rereketanga whaitake e hiahiatia ana e koe i te wā o te uiui.