Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About The Team
The mission statement of the Planning & Reporting team is to be the guardians of the Canva twelve month rolling forecast and all financial reporting & associated processes.
As we grow there is an increasing need for an FP&A - Opex Manager to handle and own all aspects of the monthly business forecasting, planning & budgeting, and financial analysis relating to operating expenses, to assist stakeholders in making informed business decisions.
Reporting to the team's lead, this role will be pivotal and will be responsible for budgeting, forecasting and analytical processes that support Canva’s financial health and business strategy.
What you'll do
Bringing clarity to chaos across forecasting: Building and owning the planning and forecasting framework (seasonal and annual) for all operating expenses and cash flows, to identify, document and drive a rolling forecast process that is collaborative, balances business goals with desired financial outcomes, and is delivered in an accurate and timely manner.
Navigating ambiguity: Gather information and context from various stakeholders, provide business updates and internal resources to derive and report on an accurate operating expense and cash flow forecast.
Narrating the numbers: Clearly and coherently communicating financial performance and anticipated future forecasts
Empowering your team: Building and developing a diverse and exceptional team
Deliver value: Continuously evaluate opportunities for enhancement of processes in order to maximise effectiveness and ensure seamless operation at scale.
We'd love it if you had
- CA / CPA Qualification (or equivalent)
- FP&A / Analytical Skills background – experience handling and analysing complex, high volume data
- The ability to think beyond numbers and combine data with strategy and financial insight
- Be able to distil information in a creative and visual manner so that it is digestible to both finance and non-finance partners
- Proven modelling skills, excellent Excel user, experience with other systems such as NetSuite, Adaptive Insights would be beneficial
- Coaching skills, helping the team to achieve and identify their professional development goals
Being a Force for Good
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.