Application Security Engineering Manager (NZ remote)
Canva, Wellington, New Zealand
Amazingly Simple Graphic Design Software
What you’ll be doing
- Drive delivery of Application Security solutions for our large-scale, cloud-native and SaaS application stack, from ideation to completion within start-up time frames, to securely support Canva’s rapid growth
- Support a security-first engineering culture by making the optimally secure solution the easiest one for software engineering teams to use
- Drive technical decision making support to your team in a fast-paced, innovation-focused environment
- Foster a culture of communication, bridging the communication gap between teams, groups, and company leaders
- Invest in working with engineers on growth and development opportunities to help further their skillset and grow into new roles, with an ability to deliver relevant and timely feedback (positive & constructive) to help them to continuously improve and learn
- Be heavily involved in hiring; build and grow high-performing and highly engaged teams of world-class engineers by attracting, interviewing, and selecting talent for your group
- Coordinating and communicating across various specialties and parts of the business to understand the impact and feasibility of strategy goals within the group
- Drive delivery of large, cross team and cross group initiatives and projects from ideation to completion.
What you'll bring
- Previously worked in high-performing and collaborative teams where everyone is able to share their best ideas and be their best selves
- Previous experience as a Software or Security Engineer - in tune with software engineering fundamentals and security first principles
- Subject matter expertise in Application Security and Vulnerability Management
- Previous experience in cloud-based environments (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure) with a working knowledge of broad infrastructure functions - CI/CD pipelines, automation, site reliability etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; with the ability to work with a diverse range of individuals from different backgrounds, with different expertise, and with different professional and personal needs
- Experience making careful engineering tradeoffs, particularly around "Build vs Buy", evaluating potential third party systems to partner with, and managing and working with vendors to meet Canva's business needs
- Strong customer focus to understand the use cases and requirements of internal stakeholders, and identify opportunities to empower them to do their best work
- Be capable of leading by example - promoting Canva’s values, no-blame mentality, and engineering values.
About us At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool with a stock library of over 1 million photographs, illustrations and imagery. You can also choose from hundreds of professional templates to create social media graphics, presentations, flyers, posters, invitations and so much more. Our mission is to make design simple for everyone. Driven by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Want to learn more about Canva? Visit Canva's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.