Java Software Engineer
Amazingly Simple Graphic Design Software
- You will join Canva as an individual contributor and be paired with a mentor. Your day to day activities will consist of solution design and hands-on software development - working closely with your leads, designers, and product managers to deliver features and functionality to our 10+ million customers all over the world
- Once you’ve settled in and have a comfortable grasp of the product, environment, and processes, you'll be given more responsibility and start leveraging your previous experience -- bringing new ideas to the table concerning everything from feature development, process improvement, and product suggestions
- Taking charge of your career development by seizing opportunities to work across different teams, technologies, and roles
- Developing and iterating on technical proposals - outlining how solutions will be structured and developed
- Developing solutions you've designed from the ground up through to deployment into production
- Identifying and addressing performance bottlenecks within the application and broader infrastructure
- Participating in design meetings, hiring interviews, and code reviews
- Performance debugging, benchmarking, and building awesome things in general
Required Experience & Skills
- Fluent English and Mandarin
- Two (2) or more years of commercial experience developing complex web applications
- You’re happy to work exclusively in Java (previous experience with other languages is great)
- Firmly grounded computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns. You’d be surprised how often these things come up here at Canva!
- That you’re happy to roll the sleeves up and dive into java.util.concurrent from time to time :)
- Strong communication and collaborative skills, both written and verbal
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget for interstate or overseas individuals (see below for visa information)
About us At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool with a stock library of over 1 million photographs, illustrations and imagery. You can also choose from hundreds of professional templates to create social media graphics, presentations, flyers, posters, invitations and so much more. Our mission is to make design simple for everyone. Driven by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Want to learn more about Canva? Visit Canva's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one