Search Marketing Intern
Capacity Interactive, New York, NY
Digital Marketing for Arts Marketers by Arts Marketers
Capacity Interactive (CI), a digital marketing consulting firm serving arts and culture organizations, is seeking interns to support and learn from our Search Team for Summer 2018.
We believe that the arts are an essential part of society and are vital to the strength of our communities. As the premier digital marketing consulting firm for culture and the arts, CI helps the arts flourish by partnering with the country’s leading cultural institutions to help them build audiences, engage community and market smarter. Our client portfolio includes such organizations as New York City Ballet, Goodman Theatre, The Kennedy Center, Carnegie Hall and MFA, Houston. Annually, we host Digital Marketing Boot Camp for the Arts, the country’s leading digital marketing conference for the arts.
CI has a robust internship program that introduces students and early career professionals to the foundations of digital marketing for the arts. Search interns will support our search team in both search engine marketing and search engine optimization. Interns will receive substantial training in the Google AdWords platform and will gain experience in paid search, Google grant accounts, and SEO. Search Engine Marketing and Search Engine Optimization are in-demand skills that can lead to a wide variety of job opportunities in the future. All interns complete Capacity Interactive University (CIU), the same rigorous training program that is used to on-board new full-time staff.
At CI, we strive to create an organization with no office politics and no personal agendas. We believe in transparency. We work hard, we’re all a bit nerdy, and we have a lot of fun. Together, we see lots of shows and know how to have a great time at happy hour. We are proud to have been named one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in NYC in both 2016 and 2017.
What will your summer look like?
- You’ll complete Capacity Interactive University (CIU) – the same in-depth training program we use to onboard full-time staff on the foundations of digital marketing.
- You’ll become proficient in the Google AdWords platform.
- You’ll assist in developing and executing paid search and Google Grant campaigns.
- You’ll conduct performance testing and compile reporting for SEM and SEO.
- You’ll optimize and communicate critical performance metrics to improve campaigns driven from research, competitive intelligence and analytics.
- You’ll assist search team members in support of numerous accounts across various arts disciplines.
Who are we looking for?
- You may be pursuing your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in marketing or a related field, but not necessarily – early career professionals or career-changers are most welcome!
- You’ve demonstrated an interest in digital marketing, particularly SEM and SEO.
You’re passionate about the arts and the non-profit space, and want to apply your marketing skills to mission-driven work.
- You’re comfortable working both on a team and individually.
- You’re excellent with numbers.
- You’re proficient in Microsoft Office programs – an ideal afternoon for you is one spent deep in Excel spreadsheets.
- You are distinguished by an inquisitive nature and a desire to learn.
- You understand that a sense of humor with yourself and others goes a long way
- You embody CI’s values: Openness, Happiness, Self-improvement, Measurement, Sharing, Partnership, Passion.
Sounds pretty great, right? Deadline to apply is March 15, 2018. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Interns will work from their own computers at Capacity Interactive’s office in New York, NY.
Dates of internship: Summer 2018 (ideally May 29 – August 17, though exact dates are somewhat flexible)
This internship is 36 hours per week (Monday – Thursday 10 am – 6 pm, plus Friday summer hours 10 am – 2 pm) and pays $13 per hour. School credit available.
Capacity Interactive is committed to supporting a diverse and inclusive environment. Candidates of all races, genders, abilities, ages, religions, and socio-economic backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
About Capacity Interactive
Want to learn more about Capacity Interactive? Visit Capacity Interactive's website.
416 Active Jobs
Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Jobs You May Like
Instagram Specialist (Temporary) – Full Time, Remote
Accelerate Change, Remote, Work from Anywhere in the World