Captain401, San Francisco
See jobs at Captain401
ABOUT HUMAN INTEREST
Human Interest is a Y Combinator-backed company that offers an easy and affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We've built an automated, paperless 401(k) that makes it possible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer a 401(k) benefit to their employees -- something that only 14% of them are able to do today. In doing so, we're empowering businesses of any size to safeguard the financial futures of their employees.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
We are hiring an Account Executive to help us continue our rapid growth. We are tackling a huge green pasture, selling an innovative financial services product to SMBs. You will be responsible for continuing our ambitious growth and materially increasing our reach and client base. We are a collaborative and close-knit team that puts our customers and our teammates first.
Human Interest is building a retirement investment product for every small business in the United States. We make it possible for any small business to easily offer their employees a best-in-class 401(k) affordably, and our low-fee investment advice means that their employees will have more money for retirement.
We're disrupting a massive but broken industry. Current 401(k) solutions for small businesses are built on legacy software, involve physical paper forms, and are sold with shady kickbacks to financial advisors whose interests are misaligned. We're a customer-first and software-first solution. We're already operating 401(k) plans at hundreds of companies, and have been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015.
There is no typical day in a startup, so you will have to be adaptable — there will be no shortage of interesting challenges to tackle!
- You have a demonstrated track record of exceeding your quota
- You love closing deals and helping businesses by delivering a product that has concrete value
- You're solutions oriented- you recognize objections and help your customers see value in our product regardless of their knowledge of our industry
- Extraordinary communication and interpersonal skills — people trust you and get the sense that you are advocating for something in which you believe
- You have at least 2 years of work experience in a sales role, preferably at a startup
- You have experience working with high-velocity sales cycles or selling to small businesses
- You're resilient—you bounce back from setbacks quickly, are resourceful, and find creative ways to get things done
- You're comfortable with a wide range of sales tools, including Salesforce or other CRMs
- You have a passion for solving big problems and having an immediate and positive impact
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
Why Work With Us?
- We just closed our Series A round of funding, and we count hundreds of businesses all over the United States as our lovely customers. We're proud to be working with business owners and employees who are doing amazing work across a variety of industries: technology, construction, retail, medicine, nonprofit, and many more!
- We have a world-class team from diverse backgrounds, each with a track record of success. We come to work every day knowing we're working on an important problem: helping people save for retirement at a critical time when pensions are going extinct and Social Security isn't enough.
- We believe that all individuals deserve the opportunity for a secure financial future. We want idealistic and talented people to join our team of doers and builders.
- You'll be given autonomy and many responsibilities, all while working with a fun and passionate team of entrepreneurs. Above all, you'll help us solve the #1 financial concern for Americans: not having enough money for retirement.
Human Interest acknowledges the fundamental value and dignity of all people. We've pledged ourselves to developing and maintaining an environment that respects diverse traditions, ideas, heritages, and experiences. We're committed to honoring our differences by accepting nothing less than equitable treatment of all applicants and employees.
Diversity and inclusion help us do better as a business, and we deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
As an employee benefits company, benefits are very important to us, and Human Interest's philosophy is to be generous when it comes to employees' wellness. Here's what we currently offer:
- A great 401(k) plan: our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation.
- Top-of-the-line health insurance plans, as well as dental and vision insurance, with premiums fully paid for by the company.
- An annual membership to One Medical Group, with membership fees paid by Human Interest.
- Commuter benefits (use pre-tax money to pay for public transportation, with the company contributing $30/mo)
- FSA with an employer contribution of $500 per year.
- Dollar-for-dollar match of employee donations to non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations, up to $500 per year.
- Healthy snacks and drinks available at our office.
- Parental leave policy
- Primary caregivers: 16 weeks PTO
- Secondary caregivers: 8 weeks PTO
- Time off can be taken any time within the first 12 months of the child's birth
- Office just a short walk away from Montgomery BART and MUNI
- Conference room with video games and couches!
- Regular team offsites retreats and fun events
- Well-stocked snack kitchen
- The highest quality coffee and teas
We have a very particular philosophy when it comes to perks. We believe employer funds are best spent on making our team bond and be more productive, while also investing in the long-term physical, financial, and emotional well-being of our employees.
About us Captain401 offers the easiest and most affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We empower all businesses, no matter their size, to safeguard the financial futures of their employees. We are an automated, paperless 401(k) that reduces all administrative burden for our customers. Enrolling in our plan takes just a few minutes and our website is simple and user-friendly for both employers and employees. Captain401 provides innovative solutions for a massive problem—as of 2015, U.S. retirement assets totaled $25 trillion. Even so, less than half of Americans have saved enough for retirement. We want to change that. Captain401 is backed by Y Combinator, SoftTech VC, SV Angel, CrunchFund, Slow Ventures, and other top Silicon Valley investors.
Want to learn more about Captain401? Visit Captain401's website.
Jobs You May Like
Strategic Sales Manager- Midwest
Markforged, Midwest (Detroit, Minneapolis, Chicago)
Business Development Associate (Inside Sales)
EnerNOC, Boston, MA
Anomali, United Kingdom, London
Advisor – Sales (Part-Time), Tysons Corner
Warby Parker, Tysons, VA
Channel Sales Executive
Datto, Toronto, ON, CA
Partner Onboarding & Training Specialist EMEA
Lightspeed, Ghent, BE