ABOUT HUMAN INTEREST
Human Interest is a Y Combinator-backed company that offers an easy and affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We've built an automated, paperless 401(k) that makes it possible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer a 401(k) benefit to their employees -- something that only 14% of them are able to do today. In doing so, we're empowering businesses of any size to safeguard the financial futures of their employees.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest is hiring an additional Account Specialist (Customer Support), who will be on the front lines helping people make the most of their 401(k) savings and get on the right path to a secure financial future. Process-driven and people-focused - you may be early in your career, but you are organized, friendly, flexible, and determined to make an impact at an early-stage startup.
As an Account Specialist, you'll build relationships with our customers, handle customer inquiries and troubleshoot issues related to our customers' 401(k) retirement accounts. Our customers are at the core of our business, and our Account Specialists are crucial in giving our customers the best experience possible.
This is a full-time role with competitive salary and benefits, based in our downtown San Francisco office.
- You have 1-3 years of experience in a client facing role - i.e. account management, onboarding, sales
- You are passionate about process; constantly on the lookout for inefficiencies that can be improved
- You are a self-starter and enjoy learning new programs, systems, and tools
- You have meticulous attention to detail - rarely making typos and noticing discrepancies that mere mortals would miss
- You have strong organizational skills; you are able juggle multiple tasks with varying deadlines and stakeholders without dropping the ball
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Bonus: You have financial services credentials or licensing (CFP, CRPC, or equivalent)
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
Why Work With Us?
- We just closed our Series A round of funding, and we count hundreds of businesses all over the United States as our lovely customers. We're proud to be working with business owners and employees who are doing amazing work across a variety of industries: technology, construction, retail, medicine, nonprofit, and many more!
- We have a world-class team from diverse backgrounds, each with a track record of success. We come to work every day knowing we're working on an important problem: helping people save for retirement at a critical time when pensions are going extinct and Social Security isn't enough.
- We believe that all individuals deserve the opportunity for a secure financial future. We want idealistic and talented people to join our team of doers and builders.
- You'll be given autonomy and many responsibilities, all while working with a fun and passionate team of entrepreneurs. Above all, you'll help us solve the #1 financial concern for Americans: not having enough money for retirement.
Human Interest acknowledges the fundamental value and dignity of all people. We've pledged ourselves to developing and maintaining an environment that respects diverse traditions, ideas, heritages, and experiences. We're committed to honoring our differences by accepting nothing less than equitable treatment of all applicants and employees.
Diversity and inclusion help us do better as a business, and we deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
As an employee benefits company, benefits are very important to us, and Human Interest's philosophy is to be generous when it comes to employees' wellness. Here's what we currently offer:
- A great 401(k) plan: our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation.
- Top-of-the-line health insurance plans, as well as dental and vision insurance, with premiums fully paid for by the company.
- An annual membership to One Medical Group, with membership fees paid by Human Interest.
- Commuter benefits (use pre-tax money to pay for public transportation, with the company contributing $30/mo)
- FSA with an employer contribution of $500 per year.
- Dollar-for-dollar match of employee donations to non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations, up to $500 per year.
- Healthy snacks and drinks available at our office.
- Parental leave policy
- Primary caregivers: 16 weeks PTO
- Secondary caregivers: 8 weeks PTO
- Time off can be taken any time within the first 12 months of the child's birth
- Office just a short walk away from Montgomery BART and MUNI
- Conference room with video games and couches!
- Regular team offsites retreats and fun events
- Well-stocked snack kitchen
- The highest quality coffee and teas
We have a very particular philosophy when it comes to perks. We believe employer funds are best spent on making our team bond and be more productive, while also investing in the long-term physical, financial, and emotional well-being of our employees.
About us Captain401 offers the easiest and most affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We empower all businesses, no matter their size, to safeguard the financial futures of their employees. We are an automated, paperless 401(k) that reduces all administrative burden for our customers. Enrolling in our plan takes just a few minutes and our website is simple and user-friendly for both employers and employees. Captain401 provides innovative solutions for a massive problem—as of 2015, U.S. retirement assets totaled $25 trillion. Even so, less than half of Americans have saved enough for retirement. We want to change that. Captain401 is backed by Y Combinator, SoftTech VC, SV Angel, CrunchFund, Slow Ventures, and other top Silicon Valley investors.
Want to learn more about Captain401? Visit Captain401's website.
Jobs You May Like
Account Executive (Mid Market)
Segment, Dublin, Ireland
Luxury Retreats - Home Consultant/Property Inspector, Provence - REMOTE (Contract)
Airbnb, Provence, France
Commercial Account Executive
Business Development Manager
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Digital Sales Consultant
Melbourne IT, Melbourne