Senior Mechanical Engineer
Carbon, Redwood City, CA
Stop prototyping. Start producing.
- Own design and architecture of complex parts and subassemblies and potentially lead projects.
- Perform engineering analysis of parts and assemblies that can include: detailed tolerance, safety, thermal, stress, fatigue, lifetime, manufacturability, failure modes, and cost.
- Collaborate directly with Industrial Design, Electrical, Optical, Software, and other engineering teams to create engineering requirements, implement designs, and troubleshoot issues.
- Create and maintain engineering specifications and documentation to enable effective knowledge transfer throughout the company.
- Collaborate with suppliers and manufacturing throughout development to ensure quality and performance
Skills and requirements:
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical degree.
- 7+ years experience successfully taking mechanical designs from concept to production.
- Strong ability to perform engineering analysis of parts and assemblies that can include: detailed tolerance, safety, thermal, stress, fatigue, lifetime, manufacturability, failure modes, and cost.
- A strong desire and ability to mentor, inspire, and work with junior engineers.
- Experience collaborating directly with cross functional engineering teams to create engineering requirements, implement designs, and troubleshoot issues.
- Experience in material selection in sheet metal, metal, plastic, and elastomers.
- Strong familiarity with sheet metal fabrication methods, plastic injection molding, casting, and CNC machining.
- Ability to manage complex supplier relationships.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to present and defend design decisions to leadership.
- Experience driving designs to schedules and providing schedule input to project managers.
- Please include your portfolio along with your resume.
- Experience in a production environment / comfort working with technicians on the manufacturing floor as well as in the lab.
- Understanding of product quality metrics and methods including GD&T, DFMEA, Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Experience working with overseas contract manufacturers and remotely directing activities during pilot and production builds.
About Carbon WHO WE ARE Carbon works at the intersection of hardware, software, and molecular science. Our vision is a future fabricated with light, where traceable, final-quality parts are produced at scale with CLIP technology. CLIP — Continuous Liquid Interface Production — makes this vision possible by combining engineering-grade materials with exceptional resolution and surface finish. HARNESSING LIGHT AND OXYGEN TO PRODUCE OBJECTS FROM A POOL OF RESIN, CLIP is a photochemical process that eliminates the shortcomings of conventional 3D printing by harnessing light and oxygen to rapidly produce objects from a pool of resin. From everyday products like tennis shoes and electronics, to industrial components, to highly customizable medical devices, CLIP makes it possible for creators to design the parts and products of the future.
Want to learn more about Carbon? Visit Carbon's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid