Senior Production Support Engineer
Cardlytics, Visakhapatnam, India
The Power of Purchase Intelligence
Major Activities (Purpose/Summary)
We are looking for an experienced Senior Support Engineer to join the Cardlytics team! The support engineer is the primary resource for identifying root cause of issues from both internal and external sources. This role will manage applications running in cloud (AWS) and virtual (VMware) environments on various platforms from Windows to Linux and beyond. The ideal candidate has 8+ years of experience in roles such as support, development, quality assurance, and systems analyst. This is a fast paced position that is constantly changing tasks and focus. This position requires an individual that isn’t afraid to take initiative and get things complete with minimal supervision.
- Provide daily support with resolution of tickets and act as liaison to business and technical leads to ensure issues are resolved in timely manner.
- Act as a point of escalation and mentor junior members of production support staff.
- Develop, monitor and respond to all alerts for production systems.
- Perform production support activities which involve assignment of issues and issue analysis and resolution within the specified SLAs.
- Represent the Production Support organization on company-wide project teams.
- Monitor process and software changes that impact production support, communicate project information to the production support staff and raise production support issues to the project team.
- Participate in knowledge transfer to ensure better grasp of the product and domain.
- Suggest fixes to complex issues by doing a thorough analysis of root cause and impact of the defect.
- Coordinate with Application Development Team to successfully deploy software releases in Production environments
- Develop troubleshooting documentation for production support resources
Technology and Skills
- Minimum of 8 years supporting applications in a live level 3+ production environment.
- Minimum of 1 year supporting cloud infrastructure and applications; preferably AWS
- Minimum of 3 years supporting applications running in Linux operating systems any variety
- Experience with admin and querying of relational database management systems; preferably Microsoft SQL Server 2012+
- Experience implementing and managing monitoring solutions for application level metrics. Tools such as New Relic, Nagios, Solar Winds, Data Dog, or similar
- Experience implementing and managing log aggregation solutions such as Sumo Logic, Splunk, or similar
- Experience support Kafka or similar technologies in high volume production environments
- Experience managing and support VMWare environments
- Experience scripting to automate repetitive tasks (Bash, PowerShell, etc)
- Experience managing and tuning IIS web server environments
- Experience support API gateways such as Kong
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, translating technical problems to business stakeholders
- Analytical problem solver with the ability to think outside the box.
- Ability to quickly get up to speed on new and emerging technologies
- Experience working directly with software developers and QA engineers as well as other technical and non-technical audiences
- Organizational skills along with a strong attention to detail
OURSTORY In 2008, Scott Grimes and Lynne Laube were bankers who understood the power of purchase data – if only it could be harnessed. With deep insight into the complex regulations that financial institutions face, they designed a bank- and privacy-friendly solution that would also serve as the foundation for marketing technology and analytics. In doing so, they linked two major industries: banking and marketing. And Cardlytics was born. Today, Cardlytics operates with a clear goal in mind: to make marketing more relevant and measurable with Purchase Intelligence.