Major Activities (Purpose/Summary)
We are looking for an Associate Production Support Engineer to join the Cardlytics team! You’ll be a primary resource for troubleshooting and identifying root cause of issues in software from a wide range of technologies, utilizing both Windows and Linux from SQL Server to AWS to Kafka. This position will engage in implementation, support, project management, and integration activities. The ideal candidate has 2+ years of experience in Production Support/Development/Integrations. This is a fast paced position and you’ll constantly change tasks and focus. This position requires an individual that’s ready to take initiative and complete work with minimal supervision.
- Provide daily support with resolution of tickets and act as liaison to business and technical leads to ensure issues are resolved in timely manner.
- Develop, monitor and respond to all alerts for production systems.
- Perform production support activities which involve assignment of issues and issue analysis and resolution within the specified SLAs.
- Represent the Production Support organization on company-wide project teams.
- Monitor process and software changes that impact production support, communicate project information to the production support staff and raise production support issues to the project team.
- Participate in knowledge transfer to ensure better grasp of the product and domain.
- Suggest fixes to complex issues by doing a thorough analysis of root cause and impact of the defect.
- Coordinate with Application Development Team to successfully deploy software releases in Production environments
- Develop troubleshooting documentation for production support resources.
Technology and Skills
- Minimum of 2 years supporting applications in a live level 3+ production environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- MS SQL Server 2008, 2008 R2, and 2012
- TSQL skills that allow for diagnostic and troubleshooting queries.
- Windows Server 2008, 20012 Admin and Support Experience
- Analytical problem solver with the ability to think outside the box.
- An aptitude for applying lessons learned in seemingly unrelated problems
- An understanding of data flow concepts and the ability to identify points of failure
- VMWare Experience
- Basic Understanding of Microsoft security models
- IIS 6, 7, 7.5, 8 experience
- Basic setup
- Application pool tweaking
- Systems administration experience
- Experience working directly with software developers and QA engineers as well as other technical and non-technical audiences
- Organizational skills along with a strong attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Vertica
- Linux Admin/Support
- AWS cloud experience.
OURSTORY In 2008, Scott Grimes and Lynne Laube were bankers who understood the power of purchase data – if only it could be harnessed. With deep insight into the complex regulations that financial institutions face, they designed a bank- and privacy-friendly solution that would also serve as the foundation for marketing technology and analytics. In doing so, they linked two major industries: banking and marketing. And Cardlytics was born. Today, Cardlytics operates with a clear goal in mind: to make marketing more relevant and measurable with Purchase Intelligence.