The big picture
As a Senior Software Engineer, you are responsible for creating new applications, enhancing existing products, and adapting to new technology, paradigms, and practices to provide the best solutions to our customers. This includes technical design, architecture, and development of Cardlytics current and future systems. Included in this is the opportunity to mentor junior developers and work on high scale, high-performance systems.
Cool stuff you get to do in this role
Cardlytics is on the cutting edge of technology, leveraging both mature and bleeding-edge solutions to bring new advertising and purchasing intelligence platforms to market. We need the best of the best engineers to elevate our products to the next level. If you are full stack developer that thrives in a collaborative, team oriented environment, taking on new challenges, having a voice in technology decisions, like working on all parts of the stack from Database to API to UI, and building highly scalable, highly performant systems then this is the place for you. One more thing, we are investing heavily in cloud solutions like AWS and Azure, now is a great time to join and help shape the direction!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in the development of new applications and features within an Agile environment
- Build high performing and scalable code to support thousands of concurrent users from around the world
- REST API design and construction
- Mentor other team members and conduct code reviews
- Implement new technologies and practices to provide the best solutions to our customers
- Design, Architect, and develop enterprise grade systems that are resilient, scalable, and secure
- Develop SQL stored procedures and views and optimize SQL processes
- Work with business teams to create technical requirements and deliver within time and scope
- Drive continuous delivery initiatives to production for all systems
Qualifications and experience:
- 6+ years of experience with web and server development in C#
- Web service experience: Web API, REST, WCF, etc.
- Knowledge of OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities and mitigation techniques
- ORM with Entity Framework, NHibernate, or Dapper
- Firsthand experience with development patterns
- Database and general SQL optimization techniques
- Unit testing and good abstraction skills are a must
- API and disparate system integration experience
- Well versed in HTML 4/5 and CSS 2/3
- Bootstrap/material design experience a plus
- Experience with cloud-based technologies is a plus
- Experience with Kafka would be a plus
Communication and cognitive abilities
- Ability to take abstract ideas, formulate an actionable strategy, and execute on time and on scope
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Self-starter and ability to drive projects forward with limited oversight
OURSTORY In 2008, Scott Grimes and Lynne Laube were bankers who understood the power of purchase data – if only it could be harnessed. With deep insight into the complex regulations that financial institutions face, they designed a bank- and privacy-friendly solution that would also serve as the foundation for marketing technology and analytics. In doing so, they linked two major industries: banking and marketing. And Cardlytics was born. Today, Cardlytics operates with a clear goal in mind: to make marketing more relevant and measurable with Purchase Intelligence.