Major Activities (Purpose/Summary)
The Senior System Engineer is responsible for the primary software, server, and storage infrastructure. This includes primary services like Kubernetes, Kafka, Ansible and VMware administration. This also includes storage systems like SAN, NAS, and DAS infrastructure. The position also must monitor and maintain systems that run these services, conduct planning meetings, help employees with problems and provide expertise to keep the services running over the network at all Cardlytics sites. The position would also mentor all junior roles.
- Primarily responsible for installation, configuration, repair and replacement of systems required to run services
- Responsible for the uptime (and troubleshooting) on key company network services and server infrastructure
- Implements monitoring for infrastructure and operating system components.
- Works closely with all employees on issues occurring on key services
- Works closely with all other IT staff to support in-house and corporate technology objectives.
- Supports the IT department management with planning, administration, and execution of corporate and service level policies and initiatives on all levels
- Responsible for supporting upgrades to new versions of services
- Demonstrates ability to apply professional engineering principles and skills and has ability to communicate complex technical concepts to individuals with varying technical ability
- 6+ years’ Experience with Linux system administration, installation, upgrades and patching
- 6+ years’ Experience with VMware administration.
- Experience with CI/CD tools sets such as Teamcity, Octopus Deploy, RedGate SQL Deploy, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, and Ansible
- Experience with monitoring software such as Datadog, Sumologic
- Experience with AWS CLI and administration
- Experience with Apache Kafka streaming technologies
- Find areas of existing manual intervention, and replace with automation where possible
- Desire to find problems and fix them proactively!
Documentation and Training
- Writes, maintains, and reviews complete and concise technical and project documentation
- Presents training presentations on multiple technical levels
OURSTORY In 2008, Scott Grimes and Lynne Laube were bankers who understood the power of purchase data – if only it could be harnessed. With deep insight into the complex regulations that financial institutions face, they designed a bank- and privacy-friendly solution that would also serve as the foundation for marketing technology and analytics. In doing so, they linked two major industries: banking and marketing. And Cardlytics was born. Today, Cardlytics operates with a clear goal in mind: to make marketing more relevant and measurable with Purchase Intelligence.
Want to learn more about Cardlytics? Visit Cardlytics's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price