The big picture
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for creating new applications, enhancing existing products, and adapting to new technology, paradigms, and practices to provide the best solutions to our customers. This includes technical design, architecture, and development of Cardlytics current and future systems.
Cool stuff you get to do in this role
Cardlytics is on the cutting edge of technology, leveraging both mature and bleeding-edge solutions to bring new advertising and purchasing intelligence platforms to market. We need the best of the best engineers to elevate our products to the next level. If you are full stack developer that thrives in a collaborative, team oriented environment, taking on new challenges, having a voice in technology decisions, like working on all parts of the stack from Database to API to UI, and building highly scalable, highly performant systems then this is the place for you. One more thing, we are investing heavily in cloud solutions like AWS and Azure, now is a great time to join and help shape the direction!
What you will accomplish in this role
- Build high performing and scalable code to support thousands of concurrent users
- Work within a Scrum team to create new applications and enhancing existing applications
- Implement new technologies and practices to provide the best solutions to our customers
- Technical design, architecture, and development of multithreaded applications
- Create enterprise grade systems that are resilient, scalable, and secure
- Develop SQL stored procedures and views and optimize SQL processes
- Full-stack .NET development in an Agile environment
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years of experience with full life-cycle development in .NET, C# and MVC
- Web service experience: WCF/Web API
- Familiar with OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities and mitigation techniques
- ORM with Entity Framework
- SQL Server 2008+ and general SQL optimization techniques
- Unit testing and good abstraction skills are a must
- API and disparate system integration experience
- Well versed in HTML 4/5 and CSS 2/3
- Bootstrap experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field or equivalent relevant experience
Communication and Cognitive Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities
- Fast-paced environment with short delivery times
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Self-starter ability to drive projects forward with limited oversight
OURSTORY In 2008, Scott Grimes and Lynne Laube were bankers who understood the power of purchase data – if only it could be harnessed. With deep insight into the complex regulations that financial institutions face, they designed a bank- and privacy-friendly solution that would also serve as the foundation for marketing technology and analytics. In doing so, they linked two major industries: banking and marketing. And Cardlytics was born. Today, Cardlytics operates with a clear goal in mind: to make marketing more relevant and measurable with Purchase Intelligence.
Want to learn more about Cardlytics? Visit Cardlytics's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.