The big picture
Cardlytics is seeking a Data Engineer with excellent technical qualifications and passion for creating high performing and scalable data systems on top of SQL Server, Vertica, Kafka, Spark, and Snowflake. A successful data engineer will be able to participate and follow along in discussions in designing and architecting solutions, making sure many aspects of the problem, both current and future, are taken into consideration and be able to correctly implement those solutions in a timely manner.
Cool stuff you get to do
The data engineer is responsible for the implementation and the support of new features and applications, enhancing existing products, and implementing new technologies, paradigms, and practices to provide the best solutions to our customers. This includes development, implementation, and support of Cardlytics current and future systems as a part of a team of other data engineers and across other Engineering and business teams. The data engineer will also be responsible for implementing and practicing organizational and industry standards and best practices to ensure compatibility, scalability, performance, and maintainability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new applications and features within a scrum team providing data and data services to the enterprise, other engineering teams, data science, analysts, product, management/executives, and other business teams
- Build high performing and scalable data systems to support multiple internal and 3rd party data pipelines and make the data available as soon as possible
- Implement new technologies and practices to provide the best solutions to our customers
- Responsible for following and implementing architecture/design and risk mitigation strategies
- Develop and maintain solutions on our tech stack environments (Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Vertica, SQL Server, etc.)
- Work with business teams to deliver on commitments within time and scope
- Work with IT Operations and Prod Support to ensure solutions are releasable, maintainable, and scalable
- Work with Risk & Compliance to ensure necessary logging/security is in place to comply with audits
- Help develop team members through code reviews, enforcing standards, best practices, policies, and processes
- Perform functional testing, end-to-end testing, performance testing, and UAT of applications and code written by self and other members of the team
- Depending on experience, you will have the opportunity to contribute to designing of new applications, setting/changing standards and architecture, and deciding on usage of new technologies either immediately or in the future.
Qualifications and Experience
- 2+ years of application software and data engineering experiences in Spark, Kafka, RDBMS in Scala/Java and SQL.
- Some experience in diagnosing issues and tuning applications in various environments
- Experience with AWS or other cloud vendors
- Big pluses: MS SQL Server, Vertica, Docker, Kubernetes, Data Science/ML Knowledge, Snowflake, Hadoop, NoSQL
- Proficient knowledge of optimization, concurrency, scale-up vs scale-out, encryption, application- and process-level security, etc. in an Apache/Hadoop environment is a plus
- You can follow and contribute to a detailed conversation about Web, REST, APIs, JSON, service buses, and other web developer technologies and ideas.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field or equivalent relevant experience
Communication and Cognitive Abilities
- You express yourself and articulate your ideas clearly, thoroughly, and respectfully, listen the same way, and do both across the org chart without fear
- Offer opinions and make decisions with limited information; ability to accept and manage risk and drive change
- Ability to take abstract ideas, formulate an actionable strategy, and execute on time and on scope
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities
- Fast-paced environment with short delivery times
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Self-starter ability to drive projects forward with limited oversight
- Mentor and build junior employees on the team or who want to be on the team
OURSTORY In 2008, Scott Grimes and Lynne Laube were bankers who understood the power of purchase data – if only it could be harnessed. With deep insight into the complex regulations that financial institutions face, they designed a bank- and privacy-friendly solution that would also serve as the foundation for marketing technology and analytics. In doing so, they linked two major industries: banking and marketing. And Cardlytics was born. Today, Cardlytics operates with a clear goal in mind: to make marketing more relevant and measurable with Purchase Intelligence.
Want to learn more about Cardlytics? Visit Cardlytics's website.
Jobs You May Like
Developer Productivity Engineer
Confluent, Palo Alto, California
Build and Release Engineer
Niantic inc., Sunnyvale
Lead Engineer Air Conditioning System
Sr. Software Engineer-Data Product Development
Visa, Foster City CA, US
HealthTap, Mountain View
Engineering Manager, Terraform
HashiCorp, Remote US/UK/Canada/Netherlands/Germany