The big picture
Every great software application has a great tester behind it. Quality is a development team responsibility, but the Senior Software Tester will lead the test efforts, guiding other Engineers, communicating/documenting testing, and of course performing testing themselves.
Cool stuff you get to do in this role
- Design clever experiments to evaluate the product under test
- Test cutting edge software applications using the .NET technology stack, front-end pages, service bus architecture, Salesforce and cloud integration
- Perform Exploratory (unscripted) Testing in a culture that maximizes the freedom of the tester
- Work closely with developers to design automated tests
- Remain skeptical when everyone else is certain
- Embed yourself in an Agile development team and partner with developers to collect quality feedback as early as possible
What you will accomplish in this role
- You’ll help create software solutions to allow a data analytics startup to dominate the market
- Success is determined by your ability to keep the team focused on quality, while at the same time helping them keep pace where time to market is everything
- You’ll get experience testing highly complex real-time systems in an environment that values good straight ahead human testing skills paired with smart automated tests
- This role will provide you with an opportunity to improve testing processes, coach other testers, or seek coaching yourself
What you bring to the table
- 5+ years testing software in a SQL Server .NET environment
- Critical thinking, test design, scripting
- Understands how to directly interact with and test service layers and the available tooling required
- .NET stack, C#, excellent SQL skills, automated test fluency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Scrum or Kanban testing processes.
- Experience using source control and writing/executing automated unit and integration tests
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or relevant area of study.
OURSTORY In 2008, Scott Grimes and Lynne Laube were bankers who understood the power of purchase data – if only it could be harnessed. With deep insight into the complex regulations that financial institutions face, they designed a bank- and privacy-friendly solution that would also serve as the foundation for marketing technology and analytics. In doing so, they linked two major industries: banking and marketing. And Cardlytics was born. Today, Cardlytics operates with a clear goal in mind: to make marketing more relevant and measurable with Purchase Intelligence.
Want to learn more about Cardlytics? Visit Cardlytics's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Environment Artist – External Development (FTE)
PlayStation, Santa Monica Studio
Embedded Systems Software (BSP) Engineer
Graduate Technology Analyst
Box, Redwood City, CA
Revenue Engineering Manager
Vox Media, NY, DC, SF, LA, Remote
Big Data Engineer
Accenture, Ontario - Toronto, Canada