Major Activities (Purpose/Summary)
The Network Engineer II is the responsible for all network and telephony infrastructure. This includes primary services like firewalls, routers, switches, WAPs, load balancers, and IDS devices. The position also must monitor and maintain systems that run these services, participate in planning capacity meetings, help employees with problems and provide expertise to keep the services running over the network at all Cardlytics sites. The position would also mentor all junior roles. This position would also run and coordinate multiple IT projects from planning to implementation phases with minimal supervision.
- Has responsibility for IT Network operations at Cardlytics
- Implements policies and procedures regarding how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected
- Establishes, implements and enforces enterprise network and telephony standards, practices, and policies
- Responsible for network license compliance
- Identifying and recommending new technology utilization within the corporation
- Evaluates new information systems products or services and suggests changes to existing products or services to better aide the end user
- Makes recommendations for the training of and continuing education of technical staff members
- Takes responsibility for the success of the project and the company
- Must be able to lead and mentor others
- Demonstrated project management skills. Must be proficient at managing technical projects
- Good oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Excellent team building skills and be proficient in establishing and maintaining effective communication and processes
- Thorough knowledge of networks and network terminologies and be current with the "state of the art" as it applies to secure connectivity
- Help design and implement various network technologies
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Experience in managing projects in an IT network environment that includes Engineering, Operations, Security
- Ability to work independently on projects and daily activities.
- Responsible for overseeing, advising and mentoring junior staff members.
- AWS experience and understanding preferred
- Must work in ATL office
- Minimum of two to five years’ experience with networking, permissions, security, and telephony technologies
- Minimum of two to five years’ experience with systems like firewalls, routers, load balancers, and switches
- Experienced in best practices for the use of a distributed Microsoft network
- Minimum of two years of experience with Microsoft desktop applications and operating systems and how they interact with Microsoft networks
- Minimum of two to five years’ experience in configuration and troubleshooting of firewalls, routers, switches and telephony technologies
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field.
Documentation and Training
- Writes, maintains, and reviews complete and concise technical and project documentation
- Presents training presentations on multiple technical levels
OURSTORY In 2008, Scott Grimes and Lynne Laube were bankers who understood the power of purchase data – if only it could be harnessed. With deep insight into the complex regulations that financial institutions face, they designed a bank- and privacy-friendly solution that would also serve as the foundation for marketing technology and analytics. In doing so, they linked two major industries: banking and marketing. And Cardlytics was born. Today, Cardlytics operates with a clear goal in mind: to make marketing more relevant and measurable with Purchase Intelligence.
Want to learn more about Cardlytics? Visit Cardlytics's website.
Jobs You May Like
Java Software Engineer