Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus is rapidly growing market share in the U.K., and is seeking a Director of Sales to oversee Sales Development, Inside Sales, and Field Sales. As the leader of all acquisition-sales activity, the Director of Sales will lead the strategic planning, commercial, and revenue-generating activity for CarGurus, reporting directly to the Vice President, European Sales.
What You'll Do:
- Own and execute against all acquisition sales targets (SDR and Sales)
- Lead a high-growth sales team through forecasting, territory planning, and budgeting
- Scale the CarGurus U.K. business through hiring, managing, and motivating a growing team of sales reps
- Strategically lead both inside and field sales across SMB to Enterprise accounts
- Manage partner and channel relationships
- Maintain close relationships with key enterprise clients to win strategic business in conjunction with inside and field teams, presenting in-person to C-level executives
- Work closely with stakeholders in Product, Engineering, and Marketing to advance client acquisition efforts and satisfaction
- Maintain a pulse on key strategic opportunities to drive sales through new channels and processes, including incentives and commission planning
The Director of Sales will own the above acquisition team’s sales efforts and report to the Vice President, European Sales. The team is expected to grow steadily in 2019 and beyond. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker and entrepreneurial in spirit, with the ability to motivate and foster a culture of winning within a growing organization.
Who You Are:
- BA/BS and/or Graduate degree; MBA a plus
- 4+ years management experience
- Consistent over-achievement of results against goals
- Experience in managing an inside sales organization
- Outstanding people and culture manager
- Exceptional process-management ability to create predictable, efficient sales operational activities
- Executive presence and willingness to get “in the trenches” with sales reps in the field
- Strong communication skills up, down and across the organization to drive cross-functional partnership, and the ability to mentor and work with colleagues to produce process improvements
- Exceptional work ethic
- Highly analytical, with a strong commercial background in growing a team
- Ability to work with internal and external systems, including Salesforce
- SaaS and subscription-based sales experience a plus
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
At CarGurus, we believe a transparent car shopping experience is better for shoppers and sellers alike, and we innovate constantly to deliver on that promise. Today more than 20 Million (and growing) unique monthly visitors use our site and our mobile app to find their next car. With headquarters in Cambridge, MA, CarGurus has that "start-up feel" (we dislike meetings, play lots of foosball, have catered lunches and fun company outings—the list goes on). Unlike many start-ups, however, we have the advantage of being profitable (since 2010!) with sustained revenue growth. CarGurus is an engineering-driven company with a passion for data, and that drives everything from the speed at which we launch new products to the spirit of innovation that drives our company’s culture.
Want to learn more about CarGurus? Visit CarGurus's website.
Jobs You May Like
Strategic Partnerships Associate
Formlabs, Somerville, MA
Regional Sales Manager - Departments of Transportation (Charlotte, NC)
PlanGrid, Charlotte, NC
Enterprise Account Executive
Customer Account Executive
Mid-Market Account Executive
Rescale, Salt Lake City, Utah
Account Manager/Trainer - WA
TripAdvisor, Sydney, Australia