CarGurus is a technology company first and foremost. That means our engineers are at the heart of everything we do. We’re looking for self-motivated engineers, who are passionate about building software that will help drive our mission forward as we continue to grow and scale to become the world’s number one most trusted automotive marketplace.
About the Team:
Our goal on the Data Engineering team is to solve challenging problems by bringing all our data “to the table”. We love building dashboards, slicing and dicing information all while working cross-functionally with every department in the company.
What You’ll Do
- Support our efforts to develop a single source of truth for our KPIs and metrics.
- Visualize data and trends to answer key business questions, and to help shape the future of our product offerings.
- Work with stakeholders and leadership across the organization to translate business analysis requirements into logical data models, using our analytics platform.
- Build automated, beautiful dashboards, visualizations, and reports that surface key business insights to Product, Engineering, Finance, Marketing, and other areas of the organization.
- Provide exceptional customer service as an “internal consultant”.
- Administer and support analytics tools
Who You Are:
- 1-3 years of experience in data modeling, data engineering, business intelligence, or a related field.
- Familiar with Looker, Tableau, or other business intelligence tools.
- Familiar with Google Analytics.
- Knack for telling a compelling story with data visualizations.
- Ambitious team player who thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Expert in SQL, with ability to optimize database and query performance.
- Software engineering skills in Python a plus, but not required.
- Familiarity with Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, or other large-scale databases a plus.
- Detective, with keen interest in solving business problems with data.
At CarGurus, we believe a transparent car shopping experience is better for shoppers and sellers alike, and we innovate constantly to deliver on that promise. Today more than 20 Million (and growing) unique monthly visitors use our site and our mobile app to find their next car. With headquarters in Cambridge, MA, CarGurus has that "start-up feel" (we dislike meetings, play lots of foosball, have catered lunches and fun company outings—the list goes on). Unlike many start-ups, however, we have the advantage of being profitable (since 2010!) with sustained revenue growth. CarGurus is an engineering-driven company with a passion for data, and that drives everything from the speed at which we launch new products to the spirit of innovation that drives our company’s culture.
Want to learn more about CarGurus? Visit CarGurus's website.
Jobs You May Like
Delivery Executive, South Region
MuleSoft, Atlanta, Austin, Dallas, Florida, Remote
Snap Inc., London, UK
Factual, Los Angeles
Front End Developer Lead, Checkout
Dalia Research, Berlin
Software Engineer - Architecture
Zoox, Menlo Park, CA