Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
As a Consumer Insights Analyst, you will deliver actionable insights and help the company integrate the voice of the customer into decision-making. You’ll become an expert in:
- How consumers shop for, buy, and sell cars
- Awareness and perceptions of CarGurus and key competitors
- The CarGurus customer experience from the first visit onwards
- How customer experience drives key business outcomes such as lead submission
- What makes a CarGurus shopper unique
You’ll use these insights to partner cross functionally, influencing marketing strategies and product improvement priorities.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct and/or manage vendors in the completion of consumer research and data analysis
- Translate results into clear and useful insights for internal partners and external stakeholders
- Manage and optimize ongoing insights efforts, such as: customer surveys, brand trackers, usability testing, and social listening
- Bring insights to life through data visualization/dashboards and qualitative personas
- Partner internally to understand and deliver on specific insights needs, including test development and measurement
- Monitor and distribute third party research insights relevant to our audience
Who You Are:
Strong strategic thinking and analytical capability:
- Four-year degree (BA/BS) in an analytical major and/or the social sciences (e.g. math, statistics, economics, psychology, sociology) with an excellent academic record
- 2+ years of consumer marketing experience
- Basic knowledge of statistics, advanced knowledge a plus
- Experience with MS Excel required; experience with SQL and business intelligence tools (Looker, Tableau) strongly preferred
Marketing research experience:
- Naturally curious about what drives consumer behavior
- Proficient with qualitative and quantitative research methods, including surveys and user testing
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of any of the following a plus:
- User/usability testing
- Brand awareness and tracking
- Web analytics
- Customer segmentation
- Excellent communication, organization, and relationship-building skills
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
At CarGurus, we believe a transparent car shopping experience is better for shoppers and sellers alike, and we innovate constantly to deliver on that promise. Today more than 20 Million (and growing) unique monthly visitors use our site and our mobile app to find their next car. With headquarters in Cambridge, MA, CarGurus has that "start-up feel" (we dislike meetings, play lots of foosball, have catered lunches and fun company outings—the list goes on). Unlike many start-ups, however, we have the advantage of being profitable (since 2010!) with sustained revenue growth. CarGurus is an engineering-driven company with a passion for data, and that drives everything from the speed at which we launch new products to the spirit of innovation that drives our company’s culture.
Want to learn more about CarGurus? Visit CarGurus's website.
Jobs You May Like
Manager, Digital Analytics
Endurance International Group, Burlington, MA
Data Science Instructor
General Assembly, Boston, MA
Pricing & Systems Analyst
Velodyne, San Jose, CA
Data Operations Analyst
Addepar, New York, NY
Senior Data Scientist - Product & Core Analytics
Technical Data Analyst
Foursquare, New York