Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus’ Platform/Infrastructure team is hiring a Senior Software Engineer, Platform. The Platform plays a key role for CarGurus to operate at scale. We are modernizing our technology platform and are looking to define key architectural capabilities, guide development teams on their successful implementation, and ensure the stability, security and scalability of our systems.
You will work within our Platform team to lead the technical strategy, design, implement and enhance the core infrastructure of CarGurus. This infrastructure includes, but is not limited to, search and storage solutions, data pipelines, observability systems and developer tooling. CarGurus site functions range from e-commerce, B2B, Analytics, and Data.
What You'll Do:
- Work on new and existing projects such as our data streaming platform, container & micro-services infrastructure, and distributed search systems.
- Define our platform roadmap
- Deliver features consistently
- Work with other teams to roll out platform updates and mentor other engineers
- Have a large impact in delivering a high-quality development environment with great quality code and products
Who You Are:
- Have 8+ years of engineering experience
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Experienced with distributed, high performance and loosely coupled systems
- Have a deep understanding of distributed messaging systems, modern search engines and various data storage and retrieval techniques
- Fluent in at least one programming language, preferably on the JVM
- Expertise with MySQL or other relational databases
- Biased towards using data to arrive at decisions
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
At CarGurus, we believe a transparent car shopping experience is better for shoppers and sellers alike, and we innovate constantly to deliver on that promise. Today more than 20 Million (and growing) unique monthly visitors use our site and our mobile app to find their next car. With headquarters in Cambridge, MA, CarGurus has that "start-up feel" (we dislike meetings, play lots of foosball, have catered lunches and fun company outings—the list goes on). Unlike many start-ups, however, we have the advantage of being profitable (since 2010!) with sustained revenue growth. CarGurus is an engineering-driven company with a passion for data, and that drives everything from the speed at which we launch new products to the spirit of innovation that drives our company’s culture.
Want to learn more about CarGurus? Visit CarGurus's website.
Jobs You May Like
Security Engineering Manager, Prevention
Okta, San Francisco, CA
Senior Interaction Designer
SF Motors, Santa Clara
Site Reliability Engineer - Operations
Fitbit, US - Boston
Managed By Q, New York, NY
Senior Business Analyst, Business Development
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Technical Lead, Site Reliability
Amperity, Seattle, WA