CarGurus’ Platform/Infrastructure team is hiring a Senior Software Engineer, Platform. The Platform plays a key role for CarGurus to operate at scale. We are modernizing our technology platform and are looking to define key architectural capabilities, guide development teams on their successful implementation, and ensure the stability, security and scalability of our systems.
What You'll Do:
You will work within our Platform team to lead the technical strategy, design, implement and enhance the core infrastructure of CarGurus. This infrastructure includes, but is not limited to, search and storage solutions, data pipelines, observability systems and developer tooling. CarGurus site functions range from e-commerce, B2B, Analytics, and Data.
As a Senior Software Engineer, Platform you will:
- Work on new and existing projects such as our data streaming platform, container & micro-services infrastructure, and distributed search systems.
- Define our platform roadmap
- Deliver features consistently
- Work with other teams to roll out platform updates and mentor other engineers
- Have a large impact in delivering a high-quality development environment with great quality code and products
Who You Are:
- Have 8+ years of engineering experience
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Experienced with distributed, high performance and loosely coupled systems
- Have a deep understanding of distributed messaging systems, modern search engines and various data storage and retrieval techniques
- Fluent in at least one programming language, preferably on the JVM
- Expertise with MySQL or other relational databases
- Biased towards using data to arrive at decisions
At CarGurus, we believe a transparent car shopping experience is better for shoppers and sellers alike, and we innovate constantly to deliver on that promise. Today more than 20 Million (and growing) unique monthly visitors use our site and our mobile app to find their next car. With headquarters in Cambridge, MA, CarGurus has that "start-up feel" (we dislike meetings, play lots of foosball, have catered lunches and fun company outings—the list goes on). Unlike many start-ups, however, we have the advantage of being profitable (since 2010!) with sustained revenue growth. CarGurus is an engineering-driven company with a passion for data, and that drives everything from the speed at which we launch new products to the spirit of innovation that drives our company’s culture.
Want to learn more about CarGurus? Visit CarGurus's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Graphics/ Engine Programmer
PlayStation, Playa Vista, CA
Environmental, Health, and Safety Engineer
Sila Nanotechnologies, Alameda, CA
Software Engineer, Performance (Staff/Principal)
Okta, San Francisco, CA
Site Reliability Engineering Manager
Senior DevOps Engineer
Khan Academy, Mountain View, CA / Remote friendly (US + Canada)
Solution Architect - Application Transformation
Pivotal Software, Singapore