Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers. Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus is looking for skilled UI Engineers who can help drive our ongoing evolution of industry leading products. The UI/UX team is creating a rich user experience through our highly scalable, data centric suite of products. Our goal is to create products that cut through the complexity and opacity of the auto market, putting the consumer first.
What You'll Do:
- Create cutting edge UI/UX experience from design through implementation.
- Create new UI/UX and search functionalities while working collaboratively to evolve efficiency.
- Continue to modernize our web and mobile experience.
- Contribute to front-end infrastructure focused on scaling and performance.
- Have a say in future direction of technologies and best practices.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of experience; ideally in fast paced environments; we are pushing new code daily
- Experience with ReactJS or similar framework
- An eye for UX design
- Creating mockups, prototypes, and writing production ready code
- Solid web design, layout, typography and iconography skills
- Familiarity with Git or other control systems
- Leveraging our data and helping to build A/B tests to decide which features to keep
- Working with server side templates (E.g. Freemarker)
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
At CarGurus, we believe a transparent car shopping experience is better for shoppers and sellers alike, and we innovate constantly to deliver on that promise. Today more than 20 Million (and growing) unique monthly visitors use our site and our mobile app to find their next car. With headquarters in Cambridge, MA, CarGurus has that "start-up feel" (we dislike meetings, play lots of foosball, have catered lunches and fun company outings—the list goes on). Unlike many start-ups, however, we have the advantage of being profitable (since 2010!) with sustained revenue growth. CarGurus is an engineering-driven company with a passion for data, and that drives everything from the speed at which we launch new products to the spirit of innovation that drives our company’s culture.
Want to learn more about CarGurus? Visit CarGurus's website.
Jobs You May Like
Partner Lifecycle Engineering Manager
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
POPSUGAR, San Francisco
Engineering Manager, Product
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
Technical Support Engineer - Mandarin & English Speaking
Boom Supersonic, Denver, CO
Director of Software Engineering
The Sourcery, Guardhat