CarGurus is looking to hire a highly motivated data engineer to help shape our growing data infrastructure. You will work closely with analysts in all areas of the organization, becoming the expert in crafting data assets, pipelines, and reporting tools. You’ll be a founding member of this team, and will be a key participant in its growth. This role is key to helping CarGurus become an insight-driven organization by democratizing our data assets.
What You’ll Do
- Create and promote the CarGurus Data Dictionary, a key component of our data analytics strategy. The data dictionary contains the definitions of our core entities, measures, and metrics.
- Become a trusted advisor to Product, Marketing, Finance and other areas of the business to define and provide data critical to strategy.
- Maintain and expand ETL and reporting tools.
- Participate in the design of our overall data collection strategy, including technology, data pipelines, and visualizations.
- Build a scalable data insight platform that makes every decision data driven.
Who You Are:
- 2-4 years experience as a software engineer, data engineer, or related field.
- Significant software engineering skills, preferably in Python, Ruby, or similar.
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix shell scripting.
- Comfortable with using test infrastructure to validate code.
- Ambitious team player who thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Expert in SQL, with ability to optimize database and query performance.
- Familiarity with Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, or other large-scale databases a plus.
- Familiarity with NoSQL environments a plus.
- Detective, with keen interest in solving business problems with data.
At CarGurus, we believe a transparent car shopping experience is better for shoppers and sellers alike, and we innovate constantly to deliver on that promise. Today more than 20 Million (and growing) unique monthly visitors use our site and our mobile app to find their next car. With headquarters in Cambridge, MA, CarGurus has that "start-up feel" (we dislike meetings, play lots of foosball, have catered lunches and fun company outings—the list goes on). Unlike many start-ups, however, we have the advantage of being profitable (since 2010!) with sustained revenue growth. CarGurus is an engineering-driven company with a passion for data, and that drives everything from the speed at which we launch new products to the spirit of innovation that drives our company’s culture.
Want to learn more about CarGurus? Visit CarGurus's website.
Jobs You May Like
Jampp, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Acquia, New Delhi, India
Sales Engineer (Washington, DC)
Okta, Washington, DC
Senior Performance Engineer
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Senior Software Engineer
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA; New York, NY; Seattle, WA
DevOps - Analytics
Lightspeed, Montreal, QC