Senior Product Manager, Digital Marketing
CarGurus, Cambridge, MA
Find and share automotive knowledge
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus is looking for a highly motivated Senior Product Manager to lead our product efforts on our newest offering to dealerships: a Digital Marketing solution. This product is the most requested new product from our customer base and will be built from the leadership position CarGurus has attained in this arena for its own site, the #1 auto shopping site in the U.S.
This Senior Product Manager will report directly to the Director of Dealer Product and will work closely with sales, marketing, engineering, the leadership team and CarGurus’ dealer base to understand customer needs, prioritize improvements and new features, improve performance, and build the top Dealer Digital Marketing solution in the market. The role is highly cross-functional, and requires strong analytical and research skills, the ability to work well with a wide range of types of people, and a passion for innovation.
What You'll Do:
- Become an expert on Search Engine Marketing, Retargeting, Facebook, and the Dealer Digital market opportunity, gaining a deep understanding of market dynamics, pricing models, product requirements, and successful strategies that CarGurus can implement.
- Define and drive the Digital Marketing product roadmap
- Work closely with engineering, sales and marketing to guide development and messaging of this new product
- Solicit input from dealers via surveys, focus groups and direct 1-on-1 conversations to test and refine product initiatives
- Evaluate competitor offerings, feature sets, pricing models, and key messages to determine the best way for CarGurus to bring this new solution to market
- Lead rollout of the beta version of the product, feature upgrades, and eventually the full release
- Analyze data on product usage and performance, and join sales and customer support calls to listen to live feedback, taking that information back to optimize and enhance our new product
- Effectively communicate, formally and informally, with company senior management to define strategy, work plans and results of new product initiative
Who You Are:
- 5+years of professional product management experience desired, familiarity with Digital marketing or online advertising is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from a top school required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Ability to manage projects of varying size and scope simultaneously while prioritizing appropriately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation experience
- Tenacious self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively liaise with internal teams and adapt to different work styles and personality types
- Good sense of humor and a passion for working in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
At CarGurus, we believe a transparent car shopping experience is better for shoppers and sellers alike, and we innovate constantly to deliver on that promise. Today more than 20 Million (and growing) unique monthly visitors use our site and our mobile app to find their next car. With headquarters in Cambridge, MA, CarGurus has that "start-up feel" (we dislike meetings, play lots of foosball, have catered lunches and fun company outings—the list goes on). Unlike many start-ups, however, we have the advantage of being profitable (since 2010!) with sustained revenue growth. CarGurus is an engineering-driven company with a passion for data, and that drives everything from the speed at which we launch new products to the spirit of innovation that drives our company’s culture.
Want to learn more about CarGurus? Visit CarGurus's website.
Jobs You May Like
UX Research Manager
Squarespace, New York
Product Designer (Visual/PS Core) - Contract
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Product Designer - US
N26, New York City
Director of Design
Clover Health, San Francisco, CA
Design Manager, UACF Media
MyFitnessPal, Austin, TX
Relationship Manager - Game Integrations