Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter to help execute our M&A deal pipeline, due diligence efforts, and post-merger integrations with CarGurus.
This person will have the unique opportunity to help execute CarGurus strategic acquisition roadmap, and will report into the Director of Corporate Development. The role will be highly cross-functional and a successful candidate will possess analytical horsepower as well as strong communication and organizational abilities.
What You'll Do:
- Own strategic relationships—launch, manage, optimize and scale existing and new relationships with potential acquisition targets and contact persons
- Build and refine financial models for company valuation purposes, and analyze and interpret financial statements
- Perform market research, develop strategic initiative and build business plans
- Work with executives and colleagues, target company management teams and external advisors on a regular basis
- Oversee and maintain deal pipeline, track market M&A activity, put together internal updates, and create deal review presentations for CFO and Director of Corporate Development
- Participate in due diligence efforts, including coordinating with internal teams and being point of contact in some cases with the target’s team fulfilling the diligence requests
- Assist in closing activities
- Support and contribute to the achievement of corporate development team goals
Who You Are:
- 2 - 3+ years of professional experience—investment banking, VC/PE, or management consulting experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Capable of effectively tracking and reporting on deal pipeline
- Due Diligence experience and post-merger integration experience a plus
- Self-motivated, well-organized and detail-oriented
- Business mindset with experience driving metrics-oriented outcomes
- Excellent analytical skill set—able to translate quantitative and qualitative inputs into actionable strategic direction
- Possess project management ability to complete deal components, such as managing a cross-functional due-diligence teams, under deadline constraints
- Outstanding communication skills (oral, written and/or other formal presentation mediums)
- High degree of professional and personal integrity
- Willingness to travel
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
At CarGurus, we believe a transparent car shopping experience is better for shoppers and sellers alike, and we innovate constantly to deliver on that promise. Today more than 20 Million (and growing) unique monthly visitors use our site and our mobile app to find their next car. With headquarters in Cambridge, MA, CarGurus has that "start-up feel" (we dislike meetings, play lots of foosball, have catered lunches and fun company outings—the list goes on). Unlike many start-ups, however, we have the advantage of being profitable (since 2010!) with sustained revenue growth. CarGurus is an engineering-driven company with a passion for data, and that drives everything from the speed at which we launch new products to the spirit of innovation that drives our company’s culture.