Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The Account Executive will focus on growing CarGurus' existing customer base in the US market by building strong relationships within a book of dealer clients. It will be your responsibility to work with Business Development, Product Specialists, and Account Managers to ensure high levels of product and customer retention. Within this role, you will:
What You'll Do:
- Create, preserve, and grow relationships within a designated book of business through prospecting, sales calls, and rapport-building
- Identify and close cross-sell/up-sell opportunities using the CarGurus suite of products
- Grow your book of business through new acquisition opportunities in partnership with Business Development
- Increase revenue per client by re-negotiating subscription rates
- Work with an Account Manager to ensure high customer retention within your book of business
- Work with a Product Specialist to introduce your book of business to and sell CarGurus' newest product offerings
- Accurately forecast monthly sales and retention achievement to management
- Contribute feedback to the larger CarGurus organization by utilizing strong analytical thinking, presentation, and problem-solving skills
Who You Are:
- 1-2 years of proven inside sales experience and closing ability
- Strong account management skills
- Good organizational skills
- Strong internal motivation
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Sales is desired but not required
- Sandler Sales Training is a plus
- SaaS or Auto Industry Experience is a Plus
- Travel is recommended by not necessary or required
- The role requires higher levels of collaboration with multiple teams, mostly with the field team
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.
At CarGurus, we believe a transparent car shopping experience is better for shoppers and sellers alike, and we innovate constantly to deliver on that promise. Today more than 20 Million (and growing) unique monthly visitors use our site and our mobile app to find their next car. With headquarters in Cambridge, MA, CarGurus has that "start-up feel" (we dislike meetings, play lots of foosball, have catered lunches and fun company outings—the list goes on). Unlike many start-ups, however, we have the advantage of being profitable (since 2010!) with sustained revenue growth. CarGurus is an engineering-driven company with a passion for data, and that drives everything from the speed at which we launch new products to the spirit of innovation that drives our company’s culture.
Want to learn more about CarGurus? Visit CarGurus's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.