Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The Client Partner will develop and expand advertising sales partnerships – including Direct Display, Programmatic, Data, and Social media products -- with national automotive brands and their agencies. The scope of the role includes both Tier 1 national and Tier 2 large regional advertising partnerships with new sales revenue growth and expansion as the primary objective.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding revenue sales goals and performance targets related to CarGurus advertising, programmatic, data and social solutions
- Establish and expand Brand and Agency relationships to drive growth of new business relationships
- Partner with operations, account management and product to clearly communicate client objectives and flawlessly execute advertising campaign implementations
- Prepare pitch materials as needed and present Tier 1 and Tier 2 clients the CarGurus offering for direct, programmatic, data and social advertising campaigns
- Manage sales pipeline for maximum efficiency and visibility
- Be an expert in the evolving technologies and capabilities available in the advertising marketplace
Who You Are:
- 5+ years proven advertising sales success and strong history of meeting or exceeding revenue goals
- Very strong knowledge of and relationships throughout the Tier 1 and Tier 2 automotive advertising industry
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with teams from sales pitch through launch of campaigns
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Proven history working independently and with remote teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to translate data into meaningful insights
- Fluency with the terminology and technology driving direct, programmatic, data, and social advertising capabilities
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.
At CarGurus, we believe a transparent car shopping experience is better for shoppers and sellers alike, and we innovate constantly to deliver on that promise. Today more than 20 Million (and growing) unique monthly visitors use our site and our mobile app to find their next car. With headquarters in Cambridge, MA, CarGurus has that "start-up feel" (we dislike meetings, play lots of foosball, have catered lunches and fun company outings—the list goes on). Unlike many start-ups, however, we have the advantage of being profitable (since 2010!) with sustained revenue growth. CarGurus is an engineering-driven company with a passion for data, and that drives everything from the speed at which we launch new products to the spirit of innovation that drives our company’s culture.
Want to learn more about CarGurus? Visit CarGurus's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.