Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms, and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation, and vehicle history.
CarGurus is looking to hire a Business Analyst to support the Process Innovation efforts across the organization! This position will be primarily focused on working with the Product Management team to understand, define, and document requirements for launching new products through our downstream functions. This person will play a meaningful role in identifying business opportunities and making recommendations on how to achieve business goals for new product launches, responsible for gathering, brainstorming, and gaining consensus on solutions that meet the needs of the business.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with project sponsors to determine scope and vision
- Clearly identify project partners and work closely with them to understand requirements
- Elicit, analyze, specify and validate the business needs of our partners throughout the organization
- Conduct interviews to capture requirements via workshops, questionnaires, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods
- Identifies and establishes scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis
- Uses existing requirements gathering framework within team and develop strategies for improving or further demonstrating these processes
- Assists in conducting research on products/tools to meet agreed up on requirements
- Documents, analyzes and verifies requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards
- Translates conceptual customer requirements into functional requirements in a manner that is clear and understood by developers/business partners
- Builds process models, diagrams, workflow mapping, and charts to provide direction to developers/business partners and maintains this documentation throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle, refining as needed
- Communicate changes, improvements, modifications of business requirement and maintain all written documentation, clearly presenting and disseminating any changes to project sponsor and all other impacted business partners
- Drive process improvements across CarGurus by working cross-functionally with Enterprise Applications, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Product
Who you are:
- 10+ years of experience in a business analyst function
- Experience working with and knowledge of Enterprise Application systems, including Salesforce, Zuora, Marketo
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented teammate with great skill for developing collaborative relationships
- Relentlessly passionate about incremental delivery, which is a staple of CarGurus culture
- Transparent communicator who is open, honest, and collaborative
- Creative mindset with a passion for creative problem solving and customer centricity
- Driven self-starter, who is accountable for their work, and proud to take ownership
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.
At CarGurus, we believe a transparent car shopping experience is better for shoppers and sellers alike, and we innovate constantly to deliver on that promise. Today more than 20 Million (and growing) unique monthly visitors use our site and our mobile app to find their next car. With headquarters in Cambridge, MA, CarGurus has that "start-up feel" (we dislike meetings, play lots of foosball, have catered lunches and fun company outings—the list goes on). Unlike many start-ups, however, we have the advantage of being profitable (since 2010!) with sustained revenue growth. CarGurus is an engineering-driven company with a passion for data, and that drives everything from the speed at which we launch new products to the spirit of innovation that drives our company’s culture.
Want to learn more about CarGurus? Visit CarGurus's website.
The social news and entertainment company.