Carousell is a classifieds marketplace that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in August 2012, Carousell began in Singapore and is now one of the world's largest and fastest growing marketplaces. We have market presence in eight markets (Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Taiwan, Myanmar, and Vietnam) and three technology development centres in Singapore, Taiwan and India.
Carousell is backed by leading investors, including Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver, and Sequoia Capital. The Carousell marketplace has a diverse range of products across a variety of categories, including cars, lifestyle, gadgets and fashion accessories. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
Carousell Media Group is about more than intent, scale and precision — we’re on a mission to build a more socially responsible, transparent and brand-safe advertising ecosystem. Our value proposition is to play a pivotal role in assisting brands with their DTC advertising initiatives and to help them better understand the buying habits and attitudes of their most highly sought after consumer segment - millennials. The Carousell Media Group is primed to deliver on this promise, with over 28M millennials across the region and Carousell group platforms that are home to passionate, highly engaged communities ranging from environmentally conscious shoppers, rev heads, property nuts, tech geeks, sneaker freaks, young parents and many many more.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced ad tech Product Manager to join us in Bangalore on this exciting journey. As a Product Manager - Advertising you will partner with a talented team of Software Engineers, Designers, Data Scientists and Analysts to build an industry-defining ad platform that enables advertisers to reach their target audiences with relevant ads and high performing campaigns leveraging the Carousell Group’s data, while helping shoppers discover products to enhance their shopping journey.
- Define the product vision for Advertising, working with other PMs and business stakeholders, such as Carousell Media Group leadership and Ad operations and sales teams
- Conducting industry and competitive analysis, market and user research to understand the emerging trends in the advertising industry to identify new opportunities
- Lead product discovery with designers, engineers and business stakeholders to identify and solve for user value, usability, technical and business risks
- Transform user and business problems into validated solutions using technology, data science and analytics, support processes and marketplace policies
- Ruthlessly prioritize, drive stakeholder alignment, proactively manage risks & dependencies
- Work closely with software engineers to ensure the technical solutions are well prioritized and delivered on time
- Drive product launches, partnering with business stakeholders to prepare high quality training plans, branding and marketing materials, and user communication
- Measure impact of initiatives, decide and communicate success or failure, identify key learnings and integrate them in overall user, product & feature understanding
- 4+ years of Industry and Product Management experience
- User obsession and empathy
- Drive and resourcefulness to persevere and overcome obstacles achieving challenging goals
- Focus on impact and results. You work on the right things and get them done
- Strong product and business judgement. Willingness and ability to take smart risks and fail forward
- Track record of successfully solving complex and ambiguous problems
- High integrity and ability to positively collaborate with others
- Ability to think, speak and write succinctly and clearly
- Analytical skills to understand & generate insights from user data. Fluency querying and working with data
- Familiarity with Agile development process and Rapid product development techniques, such as Design sprints, Story mapping and others
- Bachelor’s degree, with strong academic record, in Computer Science or a related field such as Math, Physics, Engineering, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration. Masters preferred
- Online display advertising industry experience
Good to have: experience with Google Ad Manager and/or building programmatic DSP platforms is highly desirable
Carousell is a mobile classifieds marketplace that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in August 2012 by the 3 co-founders Quek Siu Rui, Marcus Tan, and Lucas Ngoo, Carousell began in Singapore and has spread to 19 cities around the world. With over 65 million listings, we are one of the world’s largest and fastest growing marketplaces. Carousell has been ranked as the top Lifestyle and Shopping app in Singapore, Taiwan, and Hong Kong, and is backed by leading international Venture Capitalists Sequoia India, Rakuten Ventures, 500 Startups, Golden Gate Ventures, and QuestVC.
Want to learn more about Carousell? Visit Carousell's website.
The social news and entertainment company.