Carousell Group is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing classifieds marketplace platforms across Southeast Asia, Taiwan and Hong Kong. Started in August 2012, Carousell Group began in Singapore and now has a leading presence in eight markets under the brands Carousell, Mudah.my, Cho Tot and OneKyat, serving tens of millions of monthly active users. Carousell Group is backed by leading investors including Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver and Sequoia Capital India.
Here at Carousell Group, our engineering team works on a myriad of user problem. You get to work on building the simplest buying and selling experience on our mobile applications, dive deep into our database systems that powers the business, or even work on tools to empower the rest of the teams in Carousell.
We are now looking for Android Engineers to join our Engineering Team in Mudah.my brand.
You will need to be:
- Involved in end-to-end mobile application development life cycle
- Familiar with up-to-date on the latest mobile developments and technology and able to give feedback or suggestions during Technical refinement meetings on the product requirements.
- Well versed with basic definitions, concepts with some basic level exposure
- Able to create technical documentation
- Work with products and designers to understand user requirements and design specifications
- Experience in using Android Studio.
- Experience in using Git.
- Experienced in dealing with REST based API with JSON formatted result
- Experience in data modeling, multithreading, memory management, code optimization, performance monitoring, security and caching mechanisms
- Experience in MVVM architecture
- Experience in unit test, automation testing.
- Ability in debugging code of others that may not have any documentation
- Ability in debugging third party library codes
- Ability to translate java to kotlin code without any auto-code generation tool
- Design and develop mobile applications on Android platform with Java & Kotlin
- Well versed in writing and refactor codes to be clean and precise
- Well versed in writing codes in a way that it is easily recyclable
- Developer with around 3 or 5 years of working experience
- Experience with Android SDK
- Experience in Android UI/UX development
- Good programming skills with the ability to pick up new skills
- Good conversational skills in English
- Great team player
- Willing and able to roll up the sleeves to assist the team.
- Ability to self-manage task at hands to meet deadlines
- Responsible towards resolving various issue or bugs raised from stakeholders and public users
- Self-motivated team player, with proactive attitude
- And most importantly, you enjoy the challenge of learning new things and pick up/adapt to changes.
- To be a true doer, and well team player.
Agencies: Please do not call or email any employee of Carousell Group outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, to the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property/ownership of Carousell Group and, in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
By clicking on Submit, you are accepting to our PDPA policies. In case you are interested to know more, read about our Candidates Personal Data Privacy Statement [https://support.carousell.com/hc/en-us/articles/4410378144537-Candidates-Personal-Data-Privacy-Statement].
Carousell is a mobile classifieds marketplace that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in August 2012 by the 3 co-founders Quek Siu Rui, Marcus Tan, and Lucas Ngoo, Carousell began in Singapore and has spread to 19 cities around the world. With over 65 million listings, we are one of the world’s largest and fastest growing marketplaces. Carousell has been ranked as the top Lifestyle and Shopping app in Singapore, Taiwan, and Hong Kong, and is backed by leading international Venture Capitalists Sequoia India, Rakuten Ventures, 500 Startups, Golden Gate Ventures, and QuestVC.
Want to learn more about Carousell? Visit Carousell's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.