Carousell Group is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing classifieds marketplace platforms across Southeast Asia, Taiwan and Hong Kong. Started in August 2012, Carousell Group began in Singapore and now has a leading presence in eight markets under the brands Carousell, Mudah.my, Cho Tot and OneKyat, serving tens of millions of monthly active users. Carousell Group is backed by leading investors including Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver and Sequoia Capital India.
Here at Carousell Group, our engineering team works on a myriad of user problem. You get to work on building the simplest buying and selling experience on our Frontend Web applications, dive deep into our database systems that powers the business, or even work on tools to empower the rest of the teams in Carousell.
We are now looking for Backend Engineers to join our Engineering Team in Mudah.my brand.
You will be
● developing containerized Go based application deployable in a Kubernetes
system; migrating from our existing PHP based application.
● creating applications in a service oriented architecture as well as event driven
● working in a agile-scrum environment
● planning out development and release strategy that would seamlessly insert
in the new components while keeping the impact to existing system at a
● working together with various other teams in rolling out this application
● having a secondary role in helping to lead the team
● involved in the various phases of SDLC
● mentoring other developers
● helping to formulate software architectural design decisions and do peer code
● contributing to or creating new open source projects
● Fun and happy personality with a great sense of humor :)
● Passion in mentoring and helping out other around you
● Sensitivity to internal and external user needs and support issue
● Common senses when it comes to developing features and not just follow
what was instructed
● Constantly reflect on tasks or processes done in order to improve and
● Sharing on knowledge and industrial best practices as you have learn or
experience it before
● Ability to adapt and have flexibility in a high growth company
● Intellectual curiosity and a hunger for continuous learning
● Creativity in solving business challenges with the most optimized tech solution
● Great communication skills
At least 5 years of working experience in developing backend applications
● Strong understanding of Go language
- Data serialization: JSON
- Testing: unit, integration, benchmark
● Ability to read PHP codes
● Develop RESTful API
- Using proper HTTP verbs/methods
- Standardized JSON schema
- Debugging: backend application code, OS/infrastructure issues,
frontend code specific to backend API calls
- Relational database: queries, indexes, schema optimization
- NoSQL: concepts
● Messaging queues:
- Async worker processing
- Event driven architecture
- dev, staging, production, and general deployment practices
● Thorough documentation
● Ability to refactor code and actually enjoy doing it
Note: Only shortlisted will be notified.
Agencies: Please do not call or email any employee of Carousell Group outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, to the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property/ownership of Carousell Group and, in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Carousell is a mobile classifieds marketplace that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in August 2012 by the 3 co-founders Quek Siu Rui, Marcus Tan, and Lucas Ngoo, Carousell began in Singapore and has spread to 19 cities around the world. With over 65 million listings, we are one of the world’s largest and fastest growing marketplaces. Carousell has been ranked as the top Lifestyle and Shopping app in Singapore, Taiwan, and Hong Kong, and is backed by leading international Venture Capitalists Sequoia India, Rakuten Ventures, 500 Startups, Golden Gate Ventures, and QuestVC.
Want to learn more about Carousell? Visit Carousell's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.