Carousell Group is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing classifieds marketplace platforms across Southeast Asia, Taiwan and Hong Kong. Started in August 2012, Carousell Group began in Singapore and now has a leading presence in eight markets under the brands Carousell, Mudah, Chot Tot and OneKyat, serving tens of millions of monthly active users. Carousell Group is backed by Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver and Sequoia Capital. Our mission is to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Carousell’s product managers lead this exciting mission by redefining what online classifieds can be—smart, convenient and community-focused. We constantly look at data and talk to our users to understand what they’re doing, thinking and feeling along their user journey and empathise with their needs. This user-centric approach guides us in crafting the best user experiences.
Our vision is for a world where selling and buying secondhand is a natural first choice for everyone. The Seller Experience team sits at the core of our vision, constantly thinking about how we might inspire more people to sell their under-utilised items, and how we might encourage existing sellers to sell more. As we are a 2-sided horizontal marketplace, the team often needs to be mindful of any implications on the buyer experience, which will in turn affect seller success. At the same time, the team balances between solving specific problems in focus categories and generalising solutions across categories to create a coherent product experience.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced product manager to lead the Seller Experience domain (including listings catalog and chat). In this role, you will lead most product initiatives hands on, in addition to mentoring 1-2 junior PMs who will also be a part of this domain. The role will give you the unique opportunity to shape the vision for seller experience and success across the organization and build products across 8 different countries in South East Asia.
You’ll partner with talented teams of Software Engineers, Designers, Data Scientists and Analysts, and other Product managers. The role reports to a Senior Product Director, and is based in Singapore only.
- Define strategy and vision for Seller Experience, working with other PMs and business stakeholders
- Combine usage data, market and user research, and industry best practises to understand the domain deeply and identify user problems and breakthrough opportunities
- Lead product discovery with designers, engineers and business stakeholders to identify and solve for user value, usability, technical and business risks.
- Transform user problems into validated solutions using technology, data science and analytics, support processes and marketplace policies.
- Ruthlessly prioritize, drive stakeholder alignment, proactively manage risks & dependencies.
- Drive product launches, partnering with business stakeholders to prepare high quality training plans, branding and marketing materials, and user communication.
- Measure impact of initiatives, decide and communicate success or failure, identify key learnings and integrate them in overall user, product & feature understanding.
- Attract, develop and retain the best product managers, who enjoy working in innovation, user-focused solutions, and thrive in a fast paced, fun environment
- Inspire the team to dream big and innovate to delight users
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement through mentoring, feedback and metrics
- Champion product management functional excellence
- User obsession and empathy.
- Focus on impact and results. You work on the right things and get them done.
- Drive and resourcefulness to persevere and overcome obstacles achieving challenging goals.
- Strong product and business judgement. Willingness and ability to take smart risks and fail forward.
- Track record of successfully solving complex and ambiguous problems.
- High integrity and ability to positively collaborate with others
- Ability to think, speak and write succinctly and clearly.
- Analytical skills to understand & generate insights from user data. Fluency querying and working with data.
- Familiarity with Agile development process and Rapid product development techniques, such as Design sprints, Story mapping and others
- 7+ years of industry experience, including 5+ years of Product Management experience, preferably in a customer/user facing organization
- Bachelor’s degree, with strong academic record, in Computer Science or a related field such as Math, Physics, Engineering, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration. Masters preferred.
Good to have:
- Experience working on marketplaces, particularly in the area of seller experience.
- Experience working on C2C products.
Carousell is a mobile classifieds marketplace that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in August 2012 by the 3 co-founders Quek Siu Rui, Marcus Tan, and Lucas Ngoo, Carousell began in Singapore and has spread to 19 cities around the world. With over 65 million listings, we are one of the world’s largest and fastest growing marketplaces. Carousell has been ranked as the top Lifestyle and Shopping app in Singapore, Taiwan, and Hong Kong, and is backed by leading international Venture Capitalists Sequoia India, Rakuten Ventures, 500 Startups, Golden Gate Ventures, and QuestVC.
Want to learn more about Carousell? Visit Carousell's website.
File hosting service